KC Group social

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Matt Allgood
Committee
Committee

KC Group social

Postby Matt Allgood » Tue 11 May 2010 10:18 pm

Hello all

The KC Group is keen to hold a social gathering one weekend in London over the next few months.

Can anyone suggest a suitable venue / pub that is near a mainline station and suitably spacious enough (i.e. an outside / sectioned off area, or very reasonable room hire) ?

Socials have previously taken place at the Clarence, Whitehall in 1999 (a decade on, room hire is now prohibitively expensive!) and more recently the Mad Hatter near Blackfriars / Southwark (which may not be so easy to get to due to tube closure).

My own recommendation would be the Riverside, a Young's Pub on the river near Vauxhall tube - see link below:
http://www.riversidelondon.com/parties.php

Let me know your thoughts so we can investigate further.

Many thanks

Matt Allgood
"It takes so long, and so much work, to achieve simplicity." (Alfred Hitchcock, 1977)

space_cadet
Champion
Champion
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Other

Re: KC Group social

Postby space_cadet » Wed 12 May 2010 5:31 pm

London is a nightmare but doable (a few friends owe me a favour so staying with them shall be that favour)

Will keep a 'eye' on the thread.

Lea
xox
May09 Diagnosed with KC, March 2010 after a failed transplant it has left me legally blind a long cane user (since 2010) who is blind in a once sighted world

Pat Chinnery
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Re: KC Group social

Postby Pat Chinnery » Mon 24 May 2010 12:16 pm

Hi Matt.
Seems like a great idea. The Riverside looks OK on its website. Now that summer seems to be here we should strike while the weather is good. On the Riverside website you can also get a free drink voucher if you join the mailing list.

Pat

Return to “General Discussion Forum”