Edited: I know i SHOULD post here!!!

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Sweet
Committee
Committee
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby Sweet » Tue 14 Jun 2005 8:57 am

Thank you for your replies, didnt notice them until now sorry!

Am feeling a lot better now hehe. Stitches have been removed and im fine. Haha on a car V me i think the car was better off, but hey its not so bad. And i didnt do any worse innjury to my little brain cell!

Philip thanks for that link, am just hoping they DONT come back! I dont think i would be able to go through all of this again. It might be something bigger and faster next time!! LOL!!

Am wearing a lens now, though vision is not very good, but i feel like i am getting there. So thanks again to everyone!

Love Sweet X x X
Sweet X x X

John Smith
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

Postby John Smith » Tue 14 Jun 2005 6:34 pm

Hi Claire,

Really good to hear that you're getting better.

How long until you're back at work do you think?
John

Sweet
Committee
Committee
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby Sweet » Tue 14 Jun 2005 7:01 pm

Hi John

Am technically signed off for three more weeks, (which will put this whole mess into eleven weeks although luckily i was off on annual leave for the first three, so it doesnt look so bad to work. I missed going abroad to see my friend though which i did get upset about :() But i guess these things happen. Work did say they will give my annual leave back, but to be honest this mess has to end and i dont want to be signed off sick for that long. It does not look good.

Luckily for me everyone i saw in Wales were very good and put it all on the nhs network so that my gp was able to read it and understand what was going on. So that was really good as i didnt have to explain anything to get another sick note! Did Moorfields write anything seeing that they saw me first and missed two ulcers? Hmmm ... no ... less said the better i think

Anyway the eye dr in cas in Wales two weeks ago didnt want me to put a lens in until the end of this week, but i think he was being really really cautious! So i went from him straight to my optom before i came back to london and he said it has all healed but to be dam careful with it and fitted me with a lens!

So i am now wearing a new lens, an RGP mind which am not really happy about (hence part three of the poem lol!) but hey he had no choice and i think i am getting somewhere.

Long distance vision is quite good but i really cant see to read which comes at a bit of a problem as i cant work if i cant read tha notes or see to nurse someone. Its strange but while i can see to drive pretty well i dont feel that i can safely see to draw up any medication or inject anyone!! So i have decided not to go back yet.

On where i go from here? Im not really sure. My optom thinks this vision will get better if i give it some time, but it has been a week already and i dont see much difference to be honest. I cant go back to see him anyway so i think i will be looking for a new optom asap so that i can get back to work.

Thanks again and hope things are well with you! Did you sort out your appt?

Love Sweet X x X
Sweet X x X

matthew
Contributor
Contributor

time to put you down..lol

Postby matthew » Tue 14 Jun 2005 10:55 pm

after reading your recent posts and the issues youve been through,i too can relate to the pain and frustration as many others here can to, but youve not to let it get you down...there are people far far worse off than yourself as i remind myself if i too have bad KC days...as long as youve got good family support then you can get through it...i know its easier said than done but the old sayings true"things take time" !!

also hygeine and lens's is crucial ...........i recently had a few lazy days off not cleaning my lens properly and as a result ended up with an eye infection which made me learn the hard way always to clean your len's and storage case's spotlesly clean.... keep your chin up hun.x
Wow im not the only one!!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”