Anyone know anything about this lens solution?

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Paul Morgan
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

Anyone know anything about this lens solution?

Postby Paul Morgan » Tue 06 Apr 2010 5:07 pm

This came to me in a sales email from Postoptics...anyone know anything about it?

At last - simplicity in a one stop solution

The contact lens solution world is not famous for its innovation. For over 20 years we have had the choice between Multipurpose Solutions (MPS) and Hydrogen Peroxide systems. Multipurpose Solutions were convenient and simple to use whereas Hydrogen Peroxides were potent and preservative free following neutralization. The down-sides were corneal staining in some lens / Px combinations and poor disinfection against some fungi (MPS).
For Hydrogen Peroxide the issues were toxicity (without neutralization), lack of potency for long term storage and complexity in the two stage process.

Now we have a third option - Regard All-in-One Solution. This works completely differently - its key disinfection agent is sodium chlorite combined with very low quantities of hydrogen peroxide.
Together they combine to produce an all-in-one solution that mixes the total safety of Hydrogen Peroxide solutions with the total convenience of an MPS.
It is completely safe (you can apply the solution directly to your eye)
It is preservative free (and so avoids all corneal staining - particularly associated with silicone hydrogel lenses)
It contains built in cleaner and comfort drop elements.
It is proven effective against all major bacteria and fungi
Regard is available in both soft lens and hard lens / RGP formulations.
Also available in handy travel packs

Both products are also available in fantastically convenient travel versions. Coming in a handy zip up case, they include a spare lens case plus a bottle of comfort drops, as well as 60ml bottles. Again, versions are available for both soft lenses and hard lens formulations.

If you have any difficulties please do not hesitate to contact us. As always, if you'd rather order over the phone, or have any queries at all, our customer services team will be delighted to help you. They can be reached on 0845 200 0055 between 8.30am and 6pm on weekdays and 9am to 3pm on Saturdays.

MartinC
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Re: Anyone know anything about this lens solution?

Postby MartinC » Tue 06 Apr 2010 5:18 pm

Been using it for 9 months now so certainly not very new!

I'm using it with Kerasoft IC lenses and it's seems to work fine and is recommended by my Optom. I buy it from a local independant optician shop.

Loopy-Lou
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby Loopy-Lou » Wed 07 Apr 2010 1:16 pm

is it used for lens storage as well?

MartinC
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby MartinC » Wed 07 Apr 2010 2:38 pm

Yes, it's a true all-in-one.

I rub my lenses with it after taking them out and then store them in it overnight, I then use it as a wetting solution before insertion.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”