Kerasoft lens life

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

djain3
Contributor
Contributor
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC

Kerasoft lens life

Postby djain3 » Tue 23 Feb 2010 10:36 am

Hi,

I understand that there are many users of Kerasoft lenses for quite long time in this group.

Could anyone please advise what is the life of Kerasoft IC lenses. Do it need to be changed every year?

What is the frequency.

Please advise.

Regards,
Deepak

Lynn White
Optometrist
Optometrist

Re: Kerasoft lens life

Postby Lynn White » Tue 23 Feb 2010 11:25 am

Hi Deepak,

That is a more complex question than you might think. You are asking this on a UK forum where KeraSoft is available in previous forms (KeraSoft, KeraSoft 2 and KeraSoft3) as well as the latest form, KeraSoft IC (only the latter is available currently in India). These are available in different materials and different modalities (some annual some 3 monthly) and practitioners always use their professional judgement on recommending how long a lens should be worn before replacing. Some patients may require more frequent replacement than others.

If you ask on a patient forum how long lenses "last" you will get a different answer to that from a professional, as some patients often "stretch" the wearing time beyond that recommended by practitioners or indeed some prefer to replace more frequently.

Lynn
Lynn White MSc FCOptom
Optometrist Contact Lens Fitter
Clinical Director, UltraVision

email: lynn.white@lwvc.co.uk

djain3
Contributor
Contributor
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC

Re: Kerasoft lens life

Postby djain3 » Thu 25 Feb 2010 4:08 pm

Hi Lynn,

Thanks for your reply.

I asked this question considering the cost.

I checked with Chetnya eye, Trivendrapuram and they told me that price of single Kerasoft lens is 16000/- Indian rupees, which is quite high. Around 200 pound.

Regards,
Deepak Jain

Return to “General Discussion Forum”