view thru my eye

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Knight
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

view thru my eye

Postby Knight » Sun 15 May 2005 3:23 pm

I did this a while back as a representation of what its like to see thru a keratoconic eye, at least for me althou its not a 'perfect' likeness, as I have left out the halo of certain points of light and the skewed perspective that I see at least this is more or less what it 'looks' like after about 5-6yr down the line with KC, for me anyway ...

but I'm curious now what others with KC think

jayuk
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby jayuk » Sun 15 May 2005 3:49 pm

Yeh thats the same as my view except mine was slightly worse......after 9 years...I couldnt even make out the images.....
KC is about facing the challenges it creates rather than accepting the problems it generates -
(C) Copyright 2005 KP

naeemkhamkar
Contributor
Contributor

Postby naeemkhamkar » Mon 16 May 2005 10:05 am

After my rejections yes imagine a very dense fog then if im lucky some of that photo would of been visible to me. the strain on my right eye was tremendous, I would of never got thru without my oakley sunglasses. Now after my 4th graft the vision is good slight blur but still early days & i have to remember its the 4th graft.
Ive had 4 graft rejections in right eye. I'm intolerable to lens in my left eye. Been 2yrs Ive learnt to live life with single ocular vision and I enjoy everyday as I have KC in my left eye. I live to enjoy everyday as it comes with my wife and children.

Paul Morgan
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Vision: Contact lenses

your view

Postby Paul Morgan » Mon 16 May 2005 11:14 am

I'm gonna stop moaning immediately...

You guys amaze me with your optimism and positive outlook.

I know we could all progress to this, but at the moment I consider myself very fortunate.

Pauline Houke
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Knight

Postby Pauline Houke » Tue 17 May 2005 10:47 am

Hi Knight,
Thanks for doing the photo. I have been showing it to my family and friends so that they can appreciate what we go through. I see very much like that but also, as you do,I have the halo effect and distortion. Also I can't stand bright sun light and if I am in doors and anyone is talking to me in front of,say, a window ,all I get is silhouette and that's with the lenses in!

Dave Dale
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby Dave Dale » Tue 17 May 2005 5:21 pm

That good, but worrying as I am at that stage after 2 years with KC!

I also get the standing in front of window sillioltte shapes.....

Has anyone else noticed that the image of a light stays in the vision so much longer then before KC? What I mean is if I look at a light source, a bulb for example then close my eyes, the outline/silloeltte is there for ages compared to my less KC'd right eye where the light goes away much quicker...

is this making sense?? :roll:

Dave.
The only thing permanent in life is change!

Drew Radcliffe
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby Drew Radcliffe » Tue 17 May 2005 9:01 pm

Prehaps we should all write our symptoms out on Trump Cards and have a game.

The picture is really kewl. I get the window thing too.

I mentioned the bright light staying with me for ages to my consultant and he just looked confused mentioned retinal bleaching and he returned to is usual disinterested state.

Drew

matthew
Contributor
Contributor

Postby matthew » Tue 17 May 2005 11:53 pm

hi all i to get the sillouette effect if i look at some whos next to a window or bright light..my eyes are not as bad as the pic though and thats after 8 years with KC...a good likeness to what we all go through though..
Wow im not the only one!!

Sophie Bull
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby Sophie Bull » Wed 18 May 2005 7:57 am

I think your picture is really well done, wish I had had the initiative to fiddle about with some photos! A while back someone posted a sight that simulates vision of someone with keratoconus, its pretty helpful to try and explain what you see...it is http://www.visionsimulation.com

Soph

jayuk
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby jayuk » Wed 18 May 2005 1:02 pm

Hey Sophie

Thats the one I had in mind!

But there was this other one that was atound for KC Patients and it showed two pictures and there were dials on the screen which we could adjust.....really interactive till yu got an example of the vision you get...was an excellent web page.....will try to find here

but here is another one that is really good!!

http://www.surgicaleyes.org/ImageCenter.htm
KC is about facing the challenges it creates rather than accepting the problems it generates -

(C) Copyright 2005 KP

Return to “General Discussion Forum”