What is everyone doing for bank holiday?

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Lynn White
Optometrist
Optometrist

What is everyone doing for bank holiday?

Postby Lynn White » Sat 30 Apr 2005 12:17 am

Hi Everyone...

Just a non KC enquiry....

I reckon this a weekend to relax out.. summer is acomin' in... and for me - it is a time for celebration.. after nearly three years in Trinidad...the sun is a welcome arrival!

I have a good long weekend... (have not relaxed for four weeks..) so will enjoy the weather.. though no doubt will catch up on the computer..

I lived by the sea in Trinidad.. and I do so here in Great Yarmouth. So very different but the skies are so much the same! There we had pelicans and flying fish .. here we have raucous gulls... there was heat upon heat ...here is eastern shivery chills...There.. I viewed the sea through coconut palms.. here I peer past Pleasure Beach attractions.. all new experiences!

Sooo.. what are all YOU doing this weekend?

Lynn

Paul Morgan
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

This weekend

Postby Paul Morgan » Sat 30 Apr 2005 10:51 am

Sounds like you lived in a beautiful place Lynn.

For my part, I have a four day weekend, I have my kids to enjoy (and my wife of course!!! :lol: ) but I consider myself fortunate to live in a beautiful part of the world here in South Somerset.

I can be in Devon and Corwall in less than an hour or so, the Dorset coast of Swanage, Poole and Weymouth is less than an hour the other way, or of course there is all the wonderful countryside around here to enjoy.

The real tester for me this weekend though is watching for Yeovil Town's result at Southend...we could just get promoted to League 1 today...so I am a bit of a nervous wreck. Oh how I wish I'd gone to the game!

Any other soccer fans out there sweating on a result?

Jacqueline Cheetham
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby Jacqueline Cheetham » Sat 30 Apr 2005 11:22 am

I also get a four day weekend. Last night went to London, how do people live there? Saw Mary Poppins, it was magical, and I am not really a 'musicals' type person, so clever though. Like you Lynn we spent a couple of years 'overseas' in the Sultanate of Oman. It was beautiful but a stange place for a woman to be. I miss the HEAT so much and swimming in the WARM sea. But I did miss the seasons we get at home. In Muscat it is always hot and sunny, sun shine everyday. In fact we had one day of rain... one year. So my weekend plans are reading, and walking as I feel a bit better.. I am so sad, but that gives me the most pleasure...... Have a good one.

Dave Dale
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby Dave Dale » Sat 30 Apr 2005 12:13 pm

All fun here!

Coursework and homework marking and researching various PMI's!

Better being at work I guess tho'!

Have a good weekend folks.

Dave.

jayuk
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby jayuk » Sat 30 Apr 2005 12:35 pm

I have a weekend of laughing at my new born baby son and wondering what he must be thinking when he looks around and studies things! Wouldnt it be good to have a device to see what they are thinking lol!

Soccer - Paul - I put £300 on Chelsea back on October to win the PL amd i got 2-1 so I think after today Ill have got back £600 lol....so thats a result thats a dead cert now lol...and I think Tuesdays CL clash at Anfield is goin to be intriguing!!

GarethB
Ambassador
Ambassador
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby GarethB » Sat 30 Apr 2005 3:13 pm

My weekend is palnned such that I should be able to go a couple of days lens free as I do not need good eye sight for some of the chores I have planned to make for a good summer.

Lynn, good to know you are in Yarmouth, you will have to tell me where abouts so if I have a lens problem visiting my bother in Southwold, I know where to go!

No rest for the wicked. :D

Lynn White
Optometrist
Optometrist

Postby Lynn White » Sat 30 Apr 2005 3:25 pm

Hehe Gareth... trust you to have a brother in Southwold!! Though I had to look it up on the map to make sure where it was - as before I came here 6 months ago I had never been this far east! Its very good here actually... after living in the North West I am impressed at how sunny it is here...

Which is a very D-ohhhh thing to say as after all, GY is a holiday resort! Seems my brain has gone into low gear for the Bank Holiday!

Lynn

Dipesh
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby Dipesh » Sat 30 Apr 2005 7:01 pm

Hi Everyone,

Am looking after my In-laws house with my wife, while they are in Kenya for 2 weeks. Yes it may sound boring to you, but normally me and the Mrs never get time for ourselves on the weekend, as we are always involved in family things.

So as we have the house to ourselves, we will be taking this opportunity to chill and enjoy the weather.

Have a good weekend all.

Sweet
Committee
Committee
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby Sweet » Sat 30 Apr 2005 8:46 pm

Im just going to be resting as i cant see a dam thing, finding it so dam hard to read here, so please excuse any spelling errors!

Am going back to wales tomorrow and going to rest over bank goliday. Was going to drive but now it is out of the questiopn so brother in law is. Am so bored though it isnt funny anymore, i am always so dam busy now i can hardly see to get dressed, sad life really. The only hood thing is that i cantouch type, but i cant see to reread and correct anything, lol!! Oh well, some things arent meant to be, hope you understand thia! Thanks for everyones support, it means a lot. Dont feel as bad knowing it will be ok, just given some time. Thanks

Have a good one!

Claure X x X

Sajeev
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart

Postby Sajeev » Sun 01 May 2005 9:30 am

lol...because i'm a londoner...I just wanted to let Jacqueline know that, from the start of this long weekend, I have just had....I can confirm that London is still swinging!:D

Return to “General Discussion Forum”