Donate to the Group by sponsoring my 10km run

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Matt Allgood
Committee
Committee

Donate to the Group by sponsoring my 10km run

Postby Matt Allgood » Mon 06 Apr 2009 3:56 pm

Dear all

I'm taking part in the Hyde Park 10km run on 15th April to raise funds for the Keratoconus Group. I have the pace of a snail, however I fully intend to complete the course by nightfall.

You can help the Group by sponsoring my run in one of two ways:

1. Donate via credit or debit card. Visit the Group’s page at the Charities Aid Foundation: http://tinyurl.com/yvvtrb , click ‘donate’ and follow the on screen guidance. Please include the instruction ‘Hyde Park run’ on the donation details page.

2. Donate by cheque. Send a cheque payable to ‘The Keratoconus Group’ to its address at PO Box 26251, London, W3 9WQ. If you are a UK taxpayer, download and complete the gift aid declaration at: http://www.keratoconus-group.org.uk/flyers/giftaid.pdf , and return it with your cheque. This will enable the Group to reclaim 25% of the value of your donation from the taxman, at no cost or inconvenience to you.

Given the worthiness of the Group's cause, and the fact that I am (*sniff*) turning down a ticket for Arsenal's European Cup quarter final tie to take part in the run, I am confident that you will ignore the current economic climate and donate very, very generously.

Kind regards

Matt Allgood
Treasurer
Keratoconus Group
"It takes so long, and so much work, to achieve simplicity." (Alfred Hitchcock, 1977)

rosemary johnson
Champion
Champion
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

Re: Donate to the Group by sponsoring my 10km run

Postby rosemary johnson » Mon 06 Apr 2009 6:44 pm

Matt, good luck withthe run!
Are you hoping for a support party to cheer you on and proffer cold water at the finish?
Rosemary

Pat A
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart
Keratoconus: No, I don't suffer from KC

Postby Pat A » Mon 06 Apr 2009 6:46 pm

Matt
Happy to sponsor you - but can I have your Arsenal ticket please.............? :twisted: :twisted:

P
Pat

We do not stop playing because we grow old;
We grow old because we stop playing.

Matt Allgood
Committee
Committee

Postby Matt Allgood » Mon 06 Apr 2009 10:48 pm

Sorry Pat - My Dad got there first.

KC delegation is very welcome, although I'd prefer that you donate funds rather than time (sorry if this sounds hard nosed but it's what you probably expect from the treasurer). Run starts at 6pm, near Hyde Park Corner on Wednesday 15th April.

Regards

Matt
"It takes so long, and so much work, to achieve simplicity." (Alfred Hitchcock, 1977)

Graeme Stevenson
Optometrist
Optometrist
Keratoconus: No, I don't suffer from KC

Postby Graeme Stevenson » Tue 07 Apr 2009 7:06 pm

Matt

A wee bit of extra training and you could have done the 10k and then gone to the Emirates!

Happy to sponsor you as a fellow runner!

Graeme

Matt Allgood
Committee
Committee

Postby Matt Allgood » Tue 07 Apr 2009 7:39 pm

Thanks G,

Judging by tonight's first half it might not be a bad thing...!

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby Anne Klepacz » Wed 08 Apr 2009 10:10 am

Matt
I'm sure some of us can donate AND come along to support you too (another excuse for a KC social?) Will you be wearing a KC T-shirt so that those of us who don't know you are clear who they need to cheer on?! Looking forward to seeing people at 6pm at Hyde Park Corner.
Anne

rosemary johnson
Champion
Champion

Postby rosemary johnson » Wed 08 Apr 2009 8:22 pm

SOunds an excellent plan, Anne!
Hope someone knows a Chinese restaurant int he area........!!!
Seriously........
Are there likely to be several thousand people there? - and do we need a specific meeting point? Or do we just ring Anne's mobile (if she has one....?) when we get there for homing-in instructions?
Meanwhile, if anyone sees someone with big wrapround dark glasses and a red and black striped scarf looking hopelessly lost, please yell.
Rosemary
making note to bring cheque book........
Seriously, seriously: I'm taking off my hat to Matt for putting his energies into doing this for the group. And for having the strengtha nd fitness to be able to. Thanks a lot for all your exertions, and best wishes for a good rub.
Rosemary

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby Anne Klepacz » Wed 08 Apr 2009 8:49 pm

I know I'm a dinosaur, Rosemary, but I do have a mobile! (not that i'm going to give the number out here). I think Matt needs to tell us more about exactly where the starting point is, and whether there's likely to be thousands of people. But if anyone planning to go wants to e-mail me, we can all exchange mobile numbers and hope we can manage to meet up! And hope for everyone's sake, but especially Matt's, that the rain forecast for Easter will have gone by then.
Anne

Matt Allgood
Committee
Committee

Postby Matt Allgood » Mon 13 Apr 2009 11:35 am

Dear all

Following a severe bout of hayfever which has affected my chest, it is unlikely that I will run on Wednesday.

If you have donated already, we can either arrange a refund; alternately forward your contribution to the next 10K run in the series: The Tower jog on Wednesday 6th May which I have registered for.

Kind regards

Matt

Return to “General Discussion Forum”