Dizziness...

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Loopy-Lou
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Re: Dizziness...

Postby Loopy-Lou » Fri 08 May 2009 12:38 pm

I've had the 'aura' of migraines with no headache where I get the wavy lines and dizziness, also my left eye which has little vision can go out of focus and feel like it's 'wondering' if anyone knows what I mean

Lynn White
Optometrist
Optometrist

Postby Lynn White » Fri 08 May 2009 4:32 pm

timtim

Actually, Sam P stole my thunder! He is right, it could be inner ear related, especially as you have sinus trouble. If you have vertigo and your balance is thrown off, then your eyes react very much as you mention. So that's an easy thing to check you with your GP.

If that is eliminated, then you may actually have an eye muscle imbalance that may or may not be connected with your KC - depends on your vision. Not all eye related problems are keratoconus related problems!

So get your balance checked out first and then have a check up with your optometrist.

Lynn
Lynn White MSc FCOptom
Optometrist Contact Lens Fitter
Clinical Director, UltraVision

email: lynn.white@lwvc.co.uk

timtim
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby timtim » Fri 08 May 2009 6:20 pm

I found out this week that I am allergic to dustmites, and I believe this was causing some of my problems. So I'm going to work on treating that and see how things go. I will definitely mention the possibility of an inner ear problem to my doc, because that is something that I have not checked into yet.

It does seem like my problems relate to more than just my KC...but I also think having KC doesn't make things any easier.

I appreciate the advice...

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Sat 09 May 2009 11:09 am

timtim

I think it is fairly common for people with KC also to have allergies of different sorts. at least they have identified your sensitivity and can now begin to deal with it.

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

timtim
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby timtim » Mon 11 May 2009 3:51 pm

about the possibility of an inner ear problem...I have noticed recently that when I turn my eyes as far as I can to the right or the left, I feel a pressure in my ears...almost a pulling feeling. Maybe this is a sign that I do have some sort of inner ear problem (unless my bad eyes just somehow strain my ears). I am going to definitely mention this to my doctor.

dazzabee
Regular contributor
Regular contributor
Vision: Contact lenses

Postby dazzabee » Mon 11 May 2009 5:36 pm

I also have ear problems at the moment!

I woke up the other week with terrible pain in both ears, went to the doctor, got told it was a double ear infection and was prescribed a weeks worth of antibiotics. I have since finished them but my ears still feel quite blocked.

I just purchased a steam inhaler and some Eucalyptus oil. See if that does the trick.

I am sure in my case it is linked to the hayfever season. Eyes feel fine, nose not too bad although sinuses are blocked and ears, as I have said, very blocked.

Happy days.

Jay
Jay

Irregular Cornea Foundation
www.ic-f.org
E-mail info@ic-f.org
Tel: 01788 529 937

batateam

Postby batateam » Thu 14 May 2009 8:07 am

asdasdas

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Thu 14 May 2009 8:12 am

batateam

Welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry to seem obtuse, but your post is a little enigmatic for me ... it's probably an old man thing! Could you explain?

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

Return to “General Discussion Forum”