london vision clinic info

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

waseem
Contributor
Contributor

london vision clinic info

Postby waseem » Sat 26 Apr 2008 11:11 pm

hi there i was fust wondering if any1 knows how good london vision clinic is for treating keratoconus and if they are any good at intacs and c3r treatment

petedoc
Contributor
Contributor
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

Re: london vision clinic info

Postby petedoc » Mon 28 Apr 2008 8:28 am

Hi Waseem

I attended the London Vision Clinic for cross linking and i found it to be first class. The info, treatment and aftercare where excellent and i would highly recomend it.

Kind regards

Pete

waseem
Contributor
Contributor

Postby waseem » Mon 28 Apr 2008 11:55 am

thanks for that i was wondering was the treatment expensive and did the cross linking improve your vision

petedoc
Contributor
Contributor
Vision: Contact lenses

Postby petedoc » Mon 28 Apr 2008 12:38 pm

It is relly more for stabalizing the condition but i did notice an improvement in both eyes. 50% of peoples KC stays the same 25% will get slightly worse(prob not enough to notice) and 15% will show slight improvement. The total cost to have both eyes done is £3000 which you can pay up over 36 months interest free.

What level is your KC at? Do you get good viion with glasses or lenses?

waseem
Contributor
Contributor

Postby waseem » Mon 28 Apr 2008 3:51 pm

my vision is not very good with galsses and my right eye is the weaker 1 my optician only gave me a lens for the left eye saying there wont really be any improvement if he gave me lens for the right eye. also i wanted to know did you get the intacs and how much did they cost you.
thanks for all your help

Lynn White
Optometrist
Optometrist

Postby Lynn White » Mon 28 Apr 2008 9:05 pm

Hi Waseem

Pricing for the LVC can be found on their website here http://www.londonvisionclinic.com/laser ... s/fees.php

I have to say here Waseem that you cannot really ask how other people found their treatment as a guide to how it would be with you. Its not like asking for an opinion on a buying a PC or a car, where its the same thing you are all discussing. Every single person with KC is different to the next one and the results will vary a lot between people.

Generally, intacs will reduce the amount of distortion you have rather than massively improve your vision, although some peeple do get excellent visual results. As I said,it depends on where you start from!

Many surgeons now do intacs first to make the shape of your eye more regular and then do cross linking to stabilise it. To get a proper opinion, though, I am afraid there is no substitute for going to see a surgeon and asking him/her!
Lynn White MSc FCOptom
Optometrist Contact Lens Fitter
Clinical Director, UltraVision

email: lynn.white@lwvc.co.uk

dweezil1968
Regular contributor
Regular contributor
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby dweezil1968 » Wed 30 Apr 2008 7:52 am

Lynn is right, each KC case if different, but I am happy to recommend the Focus Clinic in London from experience of their facilities and customer care (rather than my own KC), I discovered them as my own graft surgeon Mr Teimory knows them and Focus Laser Vision also offer collagen cross linking and Intacs ring correction, which I am interested in talking to them about for my right eye once I have got the left sorted!
right eye not so bad, so CXL might be a viable option.
I heard they might offer weekend consultations as well which would be very handy being in Brighton for me, and already having had time off work for 'my eye problems' *sighs*
FOCUS Laser Vision
20 - 22 Wimpole Street
London
Tel 0845 5000 500
Email info@focusclinics.com

http://www.focusclinics.com/

Return to “General Discussion Forum”