INTACS AND LENSES PRE OP

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Grifteruk
Contributor
Contributor
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

INTACS AND LENSES PRE OP

Postby Grifteruk » Thu 24 Apr 2008 7:52 pm

Hello All,

Had some bad news today. saw my consultant and whilst the change in my base curve in my lenses has not changed too much, both eyes have thinned considerably. means i can still get reasonable vision out of standard RGP's and know theres lots of other options, but cant wait to get anything else done because it may get thinner.

My left has gone from 408m to about 330m in 6 months, which he was quite surprised at. That rules out C3R and we have turned to intacs instead. going to have this done in mid May because apparently my eye is thick enough where the intac is to be placed to take it.

Same sort of thing with right eye although that can potentially still have C3R. At a cost of course!!!

I am told it will be about 4-6 weeks after until i can wear a lens and as i dont get on too well with specs this could be a bit tough but not much choice really.

One thing the consultant didnt mention was wearing my RGP lenses prior to the op. He didnt say i could not wear them but i am wondering if anyone here can let me know whether they had to stop wearing lenses prior to the op. Any ideas anyone?? Thanks

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Re: INTACS AND LENSES PRE OP

Postby Andrew MacLean » Fri 25 Apr 2008 6:34 am

Grifter

Sorry I can't answer about wearing lenses prior to CXL or Intacs, but I just wanted to wish you well.

Every good wish for your surgery, and I hope that your recovery will be swift and complete.

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

donna
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart
Vision: Contact lenses

Re: INTACS AND LENSES PRE OP

Postby donna » Wed 30 Apr 2008 4:35 pm

No idea, I guess they would have told you if they wanted you to stop wearing lenses? I think I would give them a ring and ask , just to be sure.
Good luck! :D

Return to “General Discussion Forum”