Anyone tried Kerasoft 3 lenses?

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Oli21
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Anyone tried Kerasoft 3 lenses?

Postby Oli21 » Mon 14 Apr 2008 5:36 pm

Kerasoft 3 lenses

Hi, just thought id see if anyone has tried these, im not getting my hopes up too much as with contacts, is best not too :-) but im seeing if i am suitable for these this coming saturday (through this website found out about them,which i must say is really helpful for KC sufferers,thank you very much). Just wondered if anyone else has tried them yet? By the way im 24 , known ive had KC since 13, and have had a graft in left eye in 2005, but left with quite bad astigmatism, and find wearing rigid lenses very difficult.

Oli

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Re: Anyone tried Kerasoft 3 lenses?

Postby Andrew MacLean » Tue 15 Apr 2008 10:07 am

Oli21

I have never tried Kerasoft 3 but they have had a good review from some members of the forum.

Like everything else, though, each of us has a different experience. I'd say that it would be worth asking you optometrist to explore this option, but be prepared for another solution to be more appropriate for you.

Andrew

ps by the way, welcome to the forum.
Andrew MacLean

alice44
Contributor
Contributor

Postby alice44 » Tue 15 Apr 2008 10:46 am

Hi Oli,

I am currently in the process of being fitted with Kerasoft 3 (my left lens has just been sent back for a prescription change). Having never really got on with RGP I can;t make much of a comparison I'm afraid, but so far I have been pleased with the results I've had from my lenses - much better than my glasses.

If you hold on a couple of days I can give you a much better response as my other lens is arriving any day and think I'll be in a much better position to comment with two lenses, not just relying on one!

All the best,
Alice

timmytim7
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby timmytim7 » Sun 20 Apr 2008 4:31 pm

hi,

i have a kerasoft3 lens in my left eye.

it's been ok - just have to be careful not to over wear it. so far its been comfortable. i'm not that happy with the vision though.

i've only ever had hard lenses before now so i can't really compare it to other soft lenses or sclerals.

best wishes,

tim

Return to “General Discussion Forum”