Is there a way to reduce the impact of Floaters

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Anna Mason
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

Is there a way to reduce the impact of Floaters

Postby Anna Mason » Sat 29 Mar 2008 5:58 pm

Hi one and all not been on here for a while because other bits of my life were too busy.

I had a fairly major PVD last year a Black Blizzard and am finding my floaters very irritating at times. Is there anything that can be done to reduce them there must be surely? I know they wont go away but being a girly I wonder if hormonal changes affect your vision and also if taking some sort of supplement could help stop the development of them ?

Just before the Valkyries coming sweeping down on me flooding this post with nightmare suppositions I have been to the eye Hospital and I am having regular check-ups its just in my experience the medical profession can lean towards tunnel vision on anything alternative.

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Re: Is there a way to reduce the impact of Floaters

Postby Andrew MacLean » Sun 30 Mar 2008 8:06 am

Anna

I know better than comment to a woman on the effect that hormones can have :oops: I grew up with two sisters and remember offering some kind advice when I was discovering that the role of the 'new man' is to be supportive.

It took me weeks to scrape myself off the wall.

Anyway, my own strategy for coping with 'floaters' is to try to look past them, focus on something further away. It does not always stop me noticing them, but it does enable me to get on with things.

I do think that you could mention your theory to your ophthalmologist. (S)he may have something that can be done to help your immediate situation, and may have read something about the possible endocrinological impact on floaters.

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

donna
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart

Postby donna » Sun 12 Oct 2008 9:22 pm

I only have one floater, I look past it. It wont go away but I dont notice it all the time, it bothers me more when I am tired.

Anna Mason
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby Anna Mason » Sun 12 Oct 2008 10:11 pm

Not been on here for a while but must say my floaters which used to be one are now a small gang of Hooligans in both eyes. The way I look at it now I have my own very secret pets and if someone irritates I use them as an excuse not to do something I dont want to!!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”