Sunglasses

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Christine Wallis
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Sunglasses

Postby Christine Wallis » Sat 22 Mar 2008 12:53 pm

It sounds very posey, but I've got a massive pair of Chanel sunglasses - they have all the right filters on, wraparound and fit really close to the head - I'd been looking for a 'right' pair for ages and went into a small independant opticians and told them I had KC - they weren't the most expensive in the shop (about £120 I think) but the 5 or so years I've had them they've proved their weight in gold. I always wear them when I'm driving now (after my lens/grit trama explained in a previous post !)

Good Luck

Chris xx

nicola jayne
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Re: Sunglasses

Postby nicola jayne » Tue 25 Mar 2008 12:39 pm

hiya,
I dont wear lenses at all and can only just see with prescription glasses. Since my graft my vision has not been stable so I have ben through 4 pairs of sunglasses in the last 17 months !! quite costly. I have been without prescription sunglasses since christmas as i didnt see the point as within a couple of weeks the script would change again !!!!! same goes with my normal glasses !!.
anyway my point being I had a kleeneze catalogue through the door and they have these giant dark glasses 8) that you can wear over your own glasses. they are huge and look quite silly but do the job !! but roll on surgery next week and then hopefully soon back to nice new designer ones.
nicola :D

Return to “General Discussion Forum”