Kerasoft Success!

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

alice44
Contributor
Contributor
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC

Kerasoft Success!

Postby alice44 » Wed 12 Mar 2008 5:07 pm

Dear All,

I just wanted to update you on my progress re the kerasoft 3 lenses. You may remember I had intacs put in to my right eye in October.

The latest on my vision with glasses is that I can now see 6/9 on the chart, although there is a fair amount of distortion which is not ideal.

The kerasoft lenses (only just got them) have improved my vision a lot and my close up vision is excellent. As I have to get used to them for the next couple of weeks first, my eyes were not tested at the hospital. I'm hoping, however, that they may be able to be fine tuned even further. You may have mentioned me saying before that when I tried them out the first time I noticed the glare was greatly reduced,well my halos and streaky lines through the lenses are now almost non-existant.

I believe these lenses are relatively new, so they may be worth a look if you're in the process of trying out lenses. Hope this helps!

Alice

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Re: Kerasoft Success!

Postby Andrew MacLean » Wed 12 Mar 2008 5:10 pm

Way to go Alice

Yes, Kerasoft 3 are very new to the market, and so far as I know, you re the first person to review them here.

Another weapon in the armory!

Thanks for keeping us up to date.

All the best

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

helen jones
Regular contributor
Regular contributor
Vision: I'm coping with no aids

e: Kerasoft Success!

Postby helen jones » Sun 16 Mar 2008 2:58 pm

Hi I have just had my right intac fitted and am waiting to heal. I was thinking of trying the kerasoft three lenses, that's really good to know that they work well as I don't know much about them. Thats relly good that the halos are less as mine are starting to irritate me!

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Sun 16 Mar 2008 3:08 pm

Helen

Just remember the usual word of caution: what works for one will not necessarily work for another.

Your optometrist/contact lens fitter will be able to see what is happening!

all the best. If you do manage to get Kerasoft 3, please let us know how you get on.

Yours aye

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

Matthew_
Champion
Champion
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby Matthew_ » Thu 20 Mar 2008 4:50 pm

Hi,
I use a Kerasoft lens in my right eye (my left eye is grafted). I think they are great as I simply couldn't wear rgps for any length of time. But my vision in the Kerasoft lenses is not as good as rgps especially at night, because of the streaking. I am fairly sure the KC in my right eye is progressing and the Kerasoft lens is not coping as well as it did. After a close call when hit the curb, bursting a tyre whilst driving (I simply didn't see it :oops: ) I have switched back to using the rgp for driving which limits my driving quite considerably :cry: Added into the mix is that I had my graft in November and although my left see differently, its not actually any better at (worse than) 6/60. So I am depending a lot on my right eye, which as I say is getting worse. Fortunately I do not often need to drive but I am considering chucking it altogether :( I am hoping when I go back to the clinic next month some tweaking of the kerasoft or the new kerasoft III will help. :|

Get a life...get a dog!

alice44
Contributor
Contributor

Postby alice44 » Wed 02 Apr 2008 4:23 pm

Just a little update.

I had my check up today and they have sent one of my lenses off to have the perscription changed. I am still really happy with the lenses - Matthew maybe you should give the kerasoft 3 a try, I am getting very good vision through they now compared to my specs, even at night.

On the specs side I had new perscription put in (first one since my intacs operation) but when I put my new specs on my vision was terrible. I'm not sure whether it's because my eyes are now having to work together whereas I just relied on my left before, or not? The glare now goes one way with the left and another with the right and I think it's just creating to much fuzziness! Who knows? The good news is that my vision with lenses is much better and they are comfortable.

Thanks for all of your support.
Alice

Return to “General Discussion Forum”