KC AND ITS LIMITS ON LIFE

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

james mckinlay
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

KC AND ITS LIMITS ON LIFE

Postby james mckinlay » Sun 10 Feb 2008 6:22 pm

HELLO ALL THIS IS MAYBE NOT THE BEST FORUM TO POST BUT I THOUGHT I WOULD.

K.C IS A NASTY CONDITION THAT EFFECTS SO MANY PEOPLE AND CAN CAUSE HUGE ISSUES TO COPE WITH IN LIFE ALL I CAN SAY IS THANK GOODNESS WE HAVE MADE SO MANY ADVANCES IN MEDICINE AND SURGERY OR I WOULD BE COMPLETELY BLIND.

BUT WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO SAY IS THAT WE ALL HAVEOUR PROBLEMS COPING WITH KC AND IT MAKES US STRONGER PEOPLE FOR IT.

BUT REMEMBER WE CAN ALL DO OUR BEST AT ANY ACTIVITY AND ONE CAN EVER FAULT US I WE GIVE IT OUR BEST SHOT I HAE TACKLED MY KC AND FOUND I CAN DO MORE THAN I EVER IMAGINED I COULD WITH MY SIGHT LEVEL.

BUT IF YOU HAVE AN ACTIVIT YOU WOULD LIKE TOTRY AND ITWILL NOT PUT YOU AT RISK OF DAMAGING YOUR GRAFTS THEN GETOUT THERE AND ENJOY LIFE AS YOU GET ONE CHANCE AND LIF IS TO SHORT FOR REGRETS.
anyways all you KC people get out there and try things you are scared to do it will amaze you the impact it has on your self esteem and confidence.

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Re: KC AND ITS LIMITS ON LIFE

Postby Andrew MacLean » Sun 10 Feb 2008 8:19 pm

Well said, James.

I used to tell students that they had a choice: they could try something they found interesting, and risk actually enjoying it, or they could sit at home and regret having never tried.

You are an inspiration to us all.

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

Karl R
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Vision: I have Intacs implanted

Re: KC AND ITS LIMITS ON LIFE

Postby Karl R » Wed 20 Feb 2008 5:44 pm

I'll second Andrews comments.

We are stronger characters for having KC; like you James I don't let KC rule my life, I rule over my KC!!!!
There is only one difference between a madman and me. The madman thinks he is sane. I know I am mad. (Salvador Dali 1904-1989)

Return to “General Discussion Forum”