Back to contact lens clinic

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Andrew MacLean
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Other

Back to contact lens clinic

Postby Andrew MacLean » Fri 25 Jan 2008 7:53 am

I saw the excellent Dr Ramaesh yesterday. I saw him, along with sundry members of his scooby crew, who looked through the slit lamp and marveled at the progress I had made.

At the end of the consultation he told me that he would refer me back to the contact lens clinic. My left eye is a great deal more short-sighted than my right, and any attempt to correct the vision in each eye using conventional specs would give me different sized images.

So, to avoid this I am to wear a lens on my left eye and specs on my right. To achieve this end I have been referred back to the excellent contact lens clinic at Gartnavel where my friends of many years will again apply their professional skills to the restitution of my sight. I could not be more happy with this outcome.

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

Michael P
Champion
Champion
Vision: Contact lenses

Re: Back to contact lens clinic

Postby Michael P » Fri 25 Jan 2008 1:11 pm

Excellent news Andrew. :D
Please have a listen to my daughter, if you have a spare moment, on www.myspace.com/emmaparnes. She also wrote the songs.

Lynn White
Optometrist
Optometrist

Postby Lynn White » Sat 26 Jan 2008 10:21 pm

Scooby crew??

The mind boggles! :shock:

I have visions of pirate ships and eye patches and cutlasses!!

Let us know how you go on (as if we could stop you :wink: )

Avast there ye hearties!

Good luck !!
Lynn White MSc FCOptom
Optometrist Contact Lens Fitter
Clinical Director, UltraVision

email: lynn.white@lwvc.co.uk

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Sun 27 Jan 2008 9:08 am

Yes, I could even identify the characters; Thelma, Shaggy .. ... ...

They formed an orderly queue at the slit lamp and gazed into my eyes. Their task, whether they chose to accept it or not (television metaphors becoming soup) was to identify which eye had the PK and which the DALK.

Now, here comes a little bit of name dropping. When I worked at the University of Strathclyde one of my close colleagues was the redoubtable Columba Ryan. He was the younger brother of John Ryan who wrote and drew Captain Pugwash. We had a number of John Ryan pictures around the place.

At least Dr Ramaesh did not bring his Pugwash Crew in to see the clarity of my almost new corneas. :?

Be sure I'll let you know everything about my contact lens clinic. I think I already know which Optometrist I'll see. She is excellent, but then, so are her colleagues. I'll let you know what sort of lens she recommends and how well it fits. I'll also let you know how much wear time I get. Last time I had a lens in that eye I was able to tolerate it for all of ten minutes, but I am told that grafted corneas are not as sensitive as the ones one grows.

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

nicola jayne
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby nicola jayne » Mon 28 Jan 2008 1:41 pm

LOL ... I play an online game called puzzle pirates and I wear my real eye patch when i play it to help with my eye strain :twisted: .........

good news with your eyes Andrew :D

yarrgghh
off to me ship I go ye landlubbers

nicola :lol:

Return to “General Discussion Forum”