double vision after intacts surgery

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

edvin
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: I have Intacs implanted

double vision after intacts surgery

Postby edvin » Tue 08 Jan 2008 11:57 am

HI
My name is edi .Several months ago i was diagnosed with Keratoconus.The doctor advised me an intacts insertion.I underwent this surgery for my left eye.Now there have passed three months after the surgery and it seems that my vision has improved and i can see better.My only concern is that in these three months I've had this double vision issue.Can anyone answer why i have this problem and what should I do to make the doubling go?

Thanks

timtim
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Re: double vision after intacts surgery

Postby timtim » Tue 08 Jan 2008 1:40 pm

Is your double vision worse than it was before the surgery? I have a lot of double vision and ghosting/blurring of images because of my KC, and that sounds like a concern if the Intacs made it worse. I would expect an improvement in that area.

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Tue 08 Jan 2008 2:05 pm

edvin

Welcome to the forum

I am afraid I have no idea why you should be suffering from double vision, especially three months after the procedure. have you been back to the ophthalmologist who performed the procedure? What was said?

Really baffled here; please let us know how you get on.

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

alice44
Contributor
Contributor

Postby alice44 » Tue 08 Jan 2008 2:46 pm

Edvin,

Hi. I also had intacs in one eye 3 months ago. I don't really notice any double vision, except in bright lights at night, but I still suffer from ghosting in that eye quite badly.

I'm off to see the consultant on Tuesday though. I'm also thinking that he said it could take up to 12 months to settle, so I guess things could still improve.

Take care,
Alice

timtim
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby timtim » Tue 08 Jan 2008 3:22 pm

Alice-did you see any visual improvement after the Intac was inserted, or is the ghosting about the same?

alice44
Contributor
Contributor

Postby alice44 » Tue 08 Jan 2008 4:00 pm

Timtim,

This probably sounds silly, but I can honestly say I'm not sure whether it's better or not since before. The day afterwards it was much better, but apparantly that was due to the fact that my eye was swollen, hence most of the irregularities weren't there. It then went back to me having quite bad ghosting aswell as poor vision. The trouble is I still have old specs on so the only time I really get to test if there's a difference is at the opticians/hospital etc. So far they have not managed to make a significant improvement to bother changing the lenses in my glasses. I do find that even with a slightly improved perscription though that the ghosting is still the main problem. My vision through this eye is still 6/18.

The other day my optom put a soft lens, with no perscription on, on the intacs eye, then my glasses over the top and that seemed to help. He said it may help to smooth over some of those irregularities.

Hope this is of some help!
Alice

timtim
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby timtim » Tue 08 Jan 2008 4:15 pm

Yeah that helps. I'm interested in finding out what I can since I'm starting to consider Intacs to help the blurring/ghosting. I have it pretty bad in my left eye, and very little in my right. The main thing I would worry about is still getting the blurring after the surgery, then it would seem like a waste. I am sorry that you have had to deal with those issues still. I guess its something that you can't predict though, and something you just had to take a chance on since you decided to do it. I'm sure Intacs have helped some people a lot with the ghosting.

Best of luck, and who knows, maybe it will continue to improve.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”