Rejection

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Jay_uk
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Other

Rejection

Postby Jay_uk » Tue 18 Dec 2007 12:24 pm

I have had three corneal graphs, my first was a penetrating graph in my left eye which was straight forward, my second was a lamellar graph in the right eye which was showing signs of rejection which also spread to my left eye. Managed to rescue the left eye but the right was rejected. I recently had a penetrating graph in my right eye, as it was a high risk of getting rejected my consultant arranged for me to take a combination of immunosuppressants. Even after taking the medications which had side effects, the graph was again rejected. I now feel that my left eye is also suffering and that the onset of rejection is beginning. I was wondering if anybody else has been in this situation and who has any advice.

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Re: Rejection

Postby Anne Klepacz » Tue 18 Dec 2007 2:22 pm

Welcome back to the forum, Jay, though I'm so sorry that the reason you've been away is that you've been having so many problems. I did have several rejection episodes in each grafted eye - the first was when the 1st graft rejected shortly after the second eye was done. But unlike you, I was lucky and each rejection episode was successfully reversed and I still have my original grafts. So I don't really know what advice to give you except to say that if you think something is happening, get yourself to a casualty department fast. The quicker rejections are tackled, the better the chance of stopping them, so please don't hang around if you think something is wrong. All the very best with the left eye. As for the right, I don't know if any other forum members who've had several rejections can suggest anything. Thinking of you, and hoping you'll find a solution.
Anne

Andrew MacLean

Postby Andrew MacLean » Tue 18 Dec 2007 3:24 pm

Hey Jay_uk, is that the same JAYUK, or a different one? I see you have one post, so I guess you are a completely different subscriber, in which case, welcome to the forum!

It must be absolutely ghastly for you struggling like this. Anne has more experience of rejections than I. I just hope that things settle down for you soon.

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

jayuk
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby jayuk » Sun 23 Dec 2007 1:41 pm

WHOOAAA! That wasnt me...but another user!.....

I am doing well, and just waiting to have final sutures from my Partial graft out in January

Jayuk
KC is about facing the challenges it creates rather than accepting the problems it generates -
(C) Copyright 2005 KP

Andrew MacLean

Postby Andrew MacLean » Sun 23 Dec 2007 3:45 pm

jayuk and jay_uk

Good to see you both. You can understand why Anne and I got a bit muddled. I, at least, am able to offer the excuse that I am over 50 and become confused easily.

Good to see you back, jayuk. How did you get on jay_uk?

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

Return to “General Discussion Forum”