New Approach in the Treatment of Keratoconus by LASER !!

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

SebastianRys

New Approach in the Treatment of Keratoconus by LASER !!

Postby SebastianRys » Tue 04 Dec 2007 8:16 pm

I just found this website and would like to distribute this info to everyone here. Also, I would like to know if someone here knows of anybody that had this procedure done? I am seriously considering this method of treatment for my keratoconus and I am just trying to collect some of your thoughts and feedback on this exciting new approach.

Here is the link: http://www.drsamirquawasmi.com/en/

Luca
Contributor
Contributor
Keratoconus: No, I don't suffer from KC
Vision: Spectacles

Re: New Approach in the Treatment of Keratoconus by LASER !!

Postby Luca » Thu 06 Dec 2007 1:34 pm

You cant click on anything on that site, the powerpoint presentation is not linked, I am interested in how it works.

DrSamirQuawasmi
Keratoconus: No, I don't suffer from KC

Re: New Approach in the Treatment of Keratoconus by LASER !!

Postby DrSamirQuawasmi » Sun 09 Dec 2007 11:44 pm

Hello,
This is Amer.

I'm the webmaster for the website you mentioned (http://drsamirquawasmi.com/en), actually it was my mistake that I didn't understand the actual method of the treatment, and since the English website was still under construction I left this typo, but now I had to rectify this Error; that this treatment is NOT BY LASER..

The new treatment methodology is mainly by making 2 trenches beneath the cornea which helps the cornea to correct itself, with no need for a cornea transplant or intacs and the other traditional ways of Keratoconus treatment, this operation needs only 30 minutes to be performed, and the doctor has done it for the past 3 years with no failure.

I just wanted to make sure that you do not misunderstand this method, again it's SURGICAL and NOT BY LASER.

Thanks and regards,
DrSamirQuawasmi.com Webmaster.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”