Thank you!

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Kaimi I
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: I'm coping with no aids

Thank you!

Postby Kaimi I » Thu 18 Oct 2007 2:30 pm

Hi,

Thanks for all the info and support I received on Monday evening in response to my request for 'positive thoughts'.

While my ordeal at Moorfields was very very long and trying indeed; I was there for over 6 hrs and attended 3 different clinics, it ended on a positive i guess.

I have agreed to try to dreaded RGP's again as the results were quite amazing; improving my UCVA from <6/60 to 6/9 and 6/18 to 6/5 when corrected. So I am going to give them another go. I have been given the all clear to drive with the added precaution that I am sensible at night and don't drive if the glare is too great. So all in all it was well worth it, I shall let you know how I get on when I pick them up and start wearing them again, so should you hear cries of anguish drowning out Eastenders or Corrie on the 28th Nov rest assured it will only be the sounds of me putting them in for the first time....LOL.

I wonder if anyone can advise me on a concern: I was given a spectacles prescription and intend to use them as my backup, however i am curious to know if anti flare, or non reflective coatings have any effect on reducing the glare? If so can anyone recommend a particular type or brand?

Thanks once again..

K

With patience comes victory 8)

tadiehatley
Contributor
Contributor
Vision: Spectacles

Re: Thank you!

Postby tadiehatley » Fri 19 Oct 2007 3:30 pm

HI .. I have a tint on my lens in my glasses and this helps with the glare.. they come in varring degrees I find 18% does the trick nicely... so it maybe worth looking into that and it only costs about £10 to have put on.
Hayley and Tadie

Sweet
Committee
Committee
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby Sweet » Fri 19 Oct 2007 8:53 pm

Hi there!

Sorry I don't know anything about glasses and tinting as I can't see anything with them! I have been wearing lenses for 16 years though and have always worn a RGP in my right, although I now piggy back with a soft lens underneath as it now hurts. I would say to keep on trying with them, as they really do make such a difference!

Best of luck with them! :lol:
Sweet X x X

Eddie S
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Vision: I have Intacs implanted

Postby Eddie S » Sat 20 Oct 2007 7:50 am

Definitely go for a tint.
When KC'ers talk about tint in their glasses it always makes me think I had KC long before it was found as around 11,12,13 I started asking for tint in my specs. My optician at the time thought I was out to look cool (as if!) I just wanted to be able to see.

Even back then tint had a positive effect so definitely have it added
Eddie
Somebody complimented me on my driving yesterday - they left a note on my windscreen "Parking Fine" which was nice.
KC managed with softperm lens in left eye, Intacs (2/11/07) in right eye

Kaimi I
Vision: I'm coping with no aids

Postby Kaimi I » Mon 22 Oct 2007 9:33 am

Thank you for all the advice,

I will be going shopping on Sunday for my new spec's. Watch this space......LOL

K

Return to “General Discussion Forum”