Kickboxing after having corneal grafts

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Karl R
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: I have Intacs implanted

Re: Kickboxing after having corneal grafts

Postby Karl R » Tue 11 Sep 2007 5:29 am

james mckinlay wrote:anyways all you KC people get out thee and try things you are scared to do it will amaze you the impact it has on your self esteem and confidence.

Seconded!
There is only one difference between a madman and me. The madman thinks he is sane. I know I am mad. (Salvador Dali 1904-1989)

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Tue 11 Sep 2007 9:55 am

James

We are all proud of you, my friend. Is the belt system for kick boxing like the ones used in things like Karate, etc.?

All the best with your sparring.

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

james mckinlay
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

Postby james mckinlay » Tue 11 Sep 2007 6:16 pm

thank you all for the kind words you have given me i value this group because of the support and understanding the users have.

we are lucky we have such an open group with various cultures and opinions however we all have the same objective and that is to live our lifes to the best we can with KC.

my confidence and self esteem are verry low but as i suffer from cyclothymia whcih is a form of bi-polar or the old term manic depression it can fluctuate to points higher than the pepsi max at blackpool.

but i know if i need some advice on anything i have the group and i wish i could do something to repay the group for the help i get.

the commitee do such a great job and deserve credit for the work they take on our behalf.

andrew the grading system is similar with fewer steps in the progression to black belt however as it requires better technique and controlled power the art of kickboxing is a bit more intense well so my instructor says but she is a 4 time world champion and i wont disagree with her lol.

again thanks to all the group and take care.

but remember

even though we have KC it does not mean we can not take risks get out there and do things that scare you and enjoy the feeling of success you will have and improve your self esteem and confidence.

i think that is the longest post i have made since i joined so i will be quiet now me and my manic ways.
anyways all you KC people get out there and try things you are scared to do it will amaze you the impact it has on your self esteem and confidence.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”