cataract in the eye that I had cornea graph? Please help

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

martwoman
Contributor
Contributor
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC

Re: cataract in the eye that I had cornea graph? Please help

Postby martwoman » Tue 14 Aug 2007 11:16 pm

hi Cuddly
firstly welcome to the forum
secondly i am sorry to hear you have developred cataracts and need a cataracts op.
i would just like to ask wether you doc had mentioned to you before surgery that there is a risk of getting cataracts and or glucoma after the op as this was explained to me by my surgon when we discussed a graft as a treat me option for me and then again the night before by a dovtor before i signed the concent form he also went through other risks which wre less like to happen but some of this was due to having existing medical condition and because i was having a general anaseatic
any way hope all goes well for you
regards
martwoman
remember theres always hope upon the horizon although at times its hard to find but seek and you will find

Andrew MacLean
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Other

Re: cataract in the eye that I had cornea graph? Please help

Postby Andrew MacLean » Wed 15 Aug 2007 6:15 am

Cuddly

Welcome to the forum!

I developed a posterior sub capsular cataract in the eye in which I had my first graft. I now also have a plastic lens in that eye and have 6/6 vision with glasses in it.

The cataract surgery was very straightforward, and was conducted under local anesthetic. The improved vision was immediate, and built to the point where my sight in that eye could be made 'perfect' with the wearing of a rather stylish pair of specs.

All the best.

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

Return to “General Discussion Forum”