Just signed up

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

timtim
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Just signed up

Postby timtim » Tue 03 Jul 2007 2:11 pm

Hi! another KC person to the board. Is this site only for people living in the UK? I live in the US, in Florida. I came across the message board, and have found it very informative...great work. About me, I officially found out I have KC about 7 months ago, but I have had it for a few years. I've been dealing with all sorts of problems, most of what I am sure all of you have as well. Light sensitivity, blurring, difficulty focusing between my eyes (my left eye is much worse). It has really caused me a fair amount of anxiety at times. Sometimes my eyes struggle so bad that I feel really out of it. But I have a opthamologist in my town who I have just started seeing...Dr. Arun Gulani. He is one of the best. I'm very thankful for that. So I hope to get some better vision soon. Right now, I wear only soft contacts, but they aren't really cutting it any more. So thats my story, I'm very glad that I found this site :)

cherishu2
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC

Postby cherishu2 » Tue 03 Jul 2007 2:46 pm

hi there.
They let anyone on here, after all im here lol so they cant be fussy :lol: :lol:
so welcome
i suffer with the light too its awful, not that we get much sun here anyhow.
they r a friendly lot here im sure youll love it.
Trace
mum to 7. Its a long story lol. cornea graft oct 19 2007.
Son with KC too
registerd blind 17th May 2007

GarethB
Ambassador
Ambassador
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby GarethB » Tue 03 Jul 2007 2:59 pm

Hi Tim,

As far as the forum goes, all are welcome sow e can share experiences although as to how treatment goes in the US you will get a response from others like Piper who is from the US too replying.

When it comes to literature the group produces, unfortunatly we are only in a position to send out within the Uk because it is all written around the UK healthcare system, employment and education system we have over here.
Gareth

timtim
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby timtim » Tue 03 Jul 2007 3:16 pm

Great! Again, I'm so glad I found this board. It is the best one I have come across yet for KC. I spent hours on here the first day I found it, just reading through old posts, and gained a lot of info from it. I even read about Systane on here...so I tried it because my doctor told me I have very dry eyes from wearing lenses so much... and they have really helped that. One success story already for me :)

Eddie S
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Vision: I have Intacs implanted

Postby Eddie S » Tue 03 Jul 2007 3:33 pm

Welcome to the site TimTim.

Its raining over here at the moment. How about we do a swap to see what its like to have KC in each others country?!

:D

Good luck with the contacts. As you've probably read most of us are in hard lenses having not had any kind of improvement in vision with softies.

Ed (tempted to put EdEd)
Eddie
Somebody complimented me on my driving yesterday - they left a note on my windscreen "Parking Fine" which was nice.
KC managed with softperm lens in left eye, Intacs (2/11/07) in right eye

cherishu2
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby cherishu2 » Tue 03 Jul 2007 9:24 pm

im in soft lenses timtim i tried all the hard ones.
cant tolerate them now. So soft ones are temp until my operation october.
I to have very dry eyes but systane aggravated my eyes, as i am very intolerant to chemicals.
too scared to try owt else.
I find with the soft lenses they get even drier though
mum to 7. Its a long story lol. cornea graft oct 19 2007.
Son with KC too
registerd blind 17th May 2007

Sweet
Committee
Committee
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby Sweet » Wed 04 Jul 2007 7:11 am

Timtim,

Hello and welcome to the forum! I found out about Systane on here as well, it is fantastic for me as well! Glad that you have found something that works for you. :lol:

I wear RGPs and piggyback in one eye. I have had a DALK in one eye as well. Keep on with the lenses as they really do help!

Take care, love Sweet X x X
Sweet X x X

Return to “General Discussion Forum”