Down to just a couple of images!!

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

piper
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Down to just a couple of images!!

Postby piper » Fri 22 Jun 2007 12:37 am

Greetings all!! After an extended wait, or so it seemed to me, I finally got a new RGP for my first eye. It was DALK grafted in October. So, the lens does, indeed, give me better vision and cuts down on the number of stray or ghost images. But, the physical fit is a little strange and it is not as comfortable as previous lenses this Optometrist has fitted me with long prior to surgery.

Well, I figure I'll wear it as long as I can daily and give it a good chance. I'll be going back to see the Optom. in three weeks. Till then, here's squinting at you!!

Piper

Andrew MacLean
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Fri 22 Jun 2007 6:14 am

Well done, Piper. I got some good news yesterday, too. I telephoned the DVLA (the agency in this part of the UK that issues driving licenses; Northern Ireland has its own agency). I was asking how my application for a restored license was going along.

They told me that they had posted a letter confirming that my entitlement to drive had been restored, and that they would invite me to obtain one of their new style licenses rather than my old one. In the meantime I am able to drive again.

It took longer this time than it did last time. I guess they were being cautious, and I think that their thoroughness is commendable.

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

GarethB
Ambassador
Ambassador
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby GarethB » Fri 22 Jun 2007 8:05 am

Piper,

I found when i eventually went back to lenses for my grafts they were more uncomfortable despite a better fit. This I put down to my eye being more sensitive than before.

Comfort not an issue after 3 years same lens and lubricating eye drops on a regular basis.
Gareth

donna
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart
Vision: Contact lenses

Postby donna » Sat 23 Jun 2007 8:54 pm

Good luck with the lenses Piper 8)

piper
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby piper » Sun 24 Jun 2007 2:48 am

I think the rim of the contact rides right on the scar line of the graft or very near to it.

Which one of you inventors out there wants to present us with SPRAY ON CONTACT LENSES? Wouldn't that be sweet?

Piper

Val G
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby Val G » Sun 24 Jun 2007 1:27 pm

I went for my post graft lens fit on tuesday, I had been looking forward to it SO much. But after feeling the discomfort of a lens in that eye again the excitment has worn off. Of course it is too early to tell and I'll see how it goes when my lens arrives. Here's hoping!

Hermione Granger
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Hermione Granger » Sun 24 Jun 2007 5:02 pm

Good luck Piper.

I couldn't bear the thought of trying lenses because of the constant itching in my eyes but I've been lucky enough to have great vision with glasses instead.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”