?? on lasik, cataract, keratockonus by newbie

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

eyesrsore

?? on lasik, cataract, keratockonus by newbie

Postby eyesrsore » Wed 22 Dec 2004 6:01 am

I am several years post lasik. My surgery was not a success. It brought my vision from a high myope to a more reasonable minus. However, my vision was never good. I have dry eyes, corneal abscess, epithelium basement membrane dystrophy. Plus, my vision has been declining for the past two years. I was diagnosed with cataracts 18 months after lasik. My doctor said this was not causing me this much trouble. My vision became worse and work became difficult.

I had cataract surgery on one eye a couple of months ago. The doc missed on his calculation and I came out a mid-myope in that eye. My other eye is -1.0 or less. I now have anisometriopia because my eyes are different in strength. Glasses help, but the difference is still causing problems, disorientation and I have trouble trying to merge the two images.

I also notice the vision in surgery eye is "very cloudy." It's like someone put fingerprints all over a mirror. My doctor has always disavowed any knowledge of "why" I have such poor vision. I am seriously wondering if I have keratoconus. He has done topos, and I've had wavefront testing done more than a year ago. Any ideas here? I will be checking out doctors experienced in keratoconus and diagnosing it. I will not advise this doctor of my prior difficulties as I know they are reluctant to disagree, or say another MD is wrong. Insights helpful.

Eyesrsore

Return to “General Discussion Forum”