Now a Dr with KC

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Bruce O
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks

Postby Bruce O » Thu 24 May 2007 8:52 pm

Thanks for your messages guys.

Sweet, I'm always nice to nurses, I find they can make your life easy or very difficult and are lots more laid back than other doctors. They also always tend to have biscuits or chocolate stashed somewhere on the ward.

I'll be working at Hereford Hospital, and Occupational Health there really didn't have much to say about my KC. They were more interested in taking lots of blood from me. Not sure If i'll get special treatment on working nights as I'll be staying on hospital accommodation.

Susan, you'd be suprised the silly comments I get even from medically trained staff. I tend to get by without most people I work with realising even without lenses (my personal tutor found this especially worrying and amusing as you'd expect dr's to pick up on those kind of things).

Got told on monday I can start wearing a lens in my left eye again post hydrops so now I can see and I'm looking to buy a car as I can drive again. After a few months of bad luck with eyes everything seems to be working out (Knock on wood).
Bruce Olojede

Return to “General Discussion Forum”