yipee referal result

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

charlene godfrey
Contributor
Contributor

yipee referal result

Postby charlene godfrey » Sat 05 May 2007 8:09 am

hi folks sorry it took so long to give you an update but after seeing the dreaded consultant on thursday (and having a health care assistant perform a vission test and tell him that the right eye was the bad one not the left !!!!!) he took a look at my eyes and said he could see how bad they were and what did i want him to do!!! so i asked to be put on the list for a graft and after explaining to him that I have really tried every other avenue first and I am now at the end of my teather he agreed!!!!
he was actually very nice about it and more or less appologised for not seeing me sooner!!
so now waiting to here how long the wait will be but have waited this long allready.Thabks again so much for the support and am sure I will keep you updated on the progress what a lovely feeling knowing that strangers care :shock:

mike scott
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and good vision

Postby mike scott » Sat 05 May 2007 7:50 pm

hi charlene

welcome to the forum

i'm amazed that your consultant had to ask what you wanted him to do.

isnt he supposed to explain your options with his best recommendations for you to evaluate , and then make your decision.

what i mean is , surely you shouldnt need to pleed with him for a graft if that is what is most suitable despite surgery being the last resort .

once again welcome to our happy band of KC ers and look forward to your continued updates

mike
onwards and upwards

Andrew MacLean
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Sat 05 May 2007 8:24 pm

Charlene

Well done. You did everything right: you took control of the care of your eyes, you found out what you ought to be asking and you asked.

The consultant turned out not to be an ogre.

It shouldn't be all that long before your graft.

All the best

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

Return to “General Discussion Forum”