KC `tired All the time

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Fth
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Fth » Wed 04 Apr 2007 12:17 pm

I had this problem 5 years before I had keratoconus. I recently believe it was due to influenza vaccines that contain thimersol (a form of mercury). I used vitamins and supplements. I felt good for another 5 years and the second time I had CFS, coincides with my keratoconus development. This happened after another mercury toxification;Amalgam fillings. Again I started to use some supplements; herbal detox agents and minerals. I feel very well right now and my keratoconus does not progress. But it is very early to come to a conclusion for me I believe I have to remove my amalgams and wait at least another year.

brigid downing
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby brigid downing » Wed 04 Apr 2007 12:38 pm

Hi

I too have cronic tiredness. My work requires alot of reading and using computers. I feel that the additional level on concentration needed to peform my job is definitely a contributary factor. Also I have times when my eyes are sore and my vision blurry, I cannot work like that so I have to stop. this slows me down, and in my job, where the work is the same when ever I do it (or however fast) the result is that I am slowed down and so end up working longer hours. This too adds to the exhaustion.

I also find being in pain and feeling fustrated by simple tasks to be tireing as well.

That said - In the last couple of months my KC has been much less of an issue. After a hellish 2006 - when I had times when I really did not think there was ever going to be any respite -2007 has been much better. I have finally got new lenses which really seem to suit me - they are comfortable, they stay in my eyes and my vision is good enough to drive! Consequently my general mood is much improved, I am on top of my work load again and my energy levels are much higher.

Brigid

Kirsten
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby Kirsten » Fri 06 Apr 2007 4:56 pm

I can totally relate. I've been trying to find a cause for my chronic tiredness for years. It seems all I ever do is sleep!
If I have nothing to do early the next day (so don't have to set my alarm) then I usually sleep for 11-12 hours. Also, no matter how much sleep I get.. after being awake for a couple of hours I feel like sleeping again.
I've not yet worked out if this is related to my KC or another medical condition. I've had blood tests in the past where nothing has shown up. I'm going back to my doctor this week to see if there's any other tests they can do...

mike scott
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and good vision

Postby mike scott » Fri 06 Apr 2007 5:14 pm

donna
i know what you mean about tesco's :(
i work for asda and the flourescents were a nightmare until i was introduced to tinted glasses with a reflective coating, i get a lot of odd looks mind you because people cant see my eyes , but hey they work for me :lol:

mike
onwards and upwards

piper
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby piper » Sat 07 Apr 2007 1:36 am

No kidding! Wow......I never associated KC with being beat after work......but it makes sense as we do have to sort out all the images all day......

OK, the BIG QUESTION: for you readers who have now been "normalized" by having two grafts, new lenses aor glasses......have you noticed that you are now less tired?

looking forward to the yeas and nays herel

Piper

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Sat 07 Apr 2007 8:29 am

Sometimes!

I know, Piper, neither a "yea" nor a "nae", but an honest answer, just the same! :D
Andrew MacLean

GarethB
Ambassador
Ambassador
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby GarethB » Tue 17 Apr 2007 11:35 am

I am less tierd provided I take regular breaks from the PC which is unrelated to KC. Anyone who uses a pc for too long without regular short breaks is tierd.

Work conditions play apart too, if the ventilation is poor you will get tierd quickly due to the carbon dioxide levels.
Gareth

martwoman
Contributor
Contributor

Postby martwoman » Sat 12 May 2007 5:14 pm

yes i get tied all the time wether i have lens in left eye or not cannt wear lens in right eye falls out after about ten second awaiting transplant. Doctor says it probally because my left eye is doing all the work.
I try and take breaks from reading ect as often as i can but this hard when working with children
take care
Martwoman

Return to “General Discussion Forum”