just a question

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

nicola jayne
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

just a question

Postby nicola jayne » Sun 25 Mar 2007 8:28 pm

:D hello all,
just a question......
i am coming up to 5 months post graft and can just about make out the top letter of the chart through pinholes so im thinking thats progress ?...
I have never been able to wear contacts tried for over a year and failed (5 years ago) but thats ok I didnt mind. anyway have been wearing glasses ever since. For the last two years they have not been able to help my now grafted eye with a lens and the optom said that they had given me the full whack :shock: and they couldnt do anything more hence the graft. The thing i am wondering about is that because i still wear glasses to aid the ''good '' eye which im waiting to have grafted i still have the full whack prescription in the lens of the grafted eye. will this damage the grafted eye or make it have eye strain is it better to have a plain glass lens for now ? and then a prescription lens once they can help the grafted eye ? I am still not legal to drive which is fine for now as hubby is learning lol . and I went back to work last wednesday after 7 months off only to be there for 3.5 hours and sent home till a week monday as i have 10 days annual leave left to take lol lol lol theres a life eh....
anyway hope everone is well and ok and those with grafts have happy grafts. and everyone else is getting on well with contacts and glasses and things
thanks all
kindest regards
nicola :wink:

Andrew MacLean
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Sun 25 Mar 2007 9:00 pm

Nicola

Yes, I agree that this does represent progress.

I have a plain glass lens over my most recently grafted eye and an optical lens over my other eye.

All the best

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

GarethB
Ambassador
Ambassador
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby GarethB » Tue 27 Mar 2007 12:41 pm

Nicoal,

I think about a third of us graftees end up wearing lenses again, the rest do fine with glasses. They may be strong but they get good vision with them.

Afraid it is a waiting game. Everything changes slightly when sutures come out completly at the 12 month mark. This is usually a mild prescription change.
Gareth

nicola jayne
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby nicola jayne » Wed 28 Mar 2007 9:39 am

ok thanks guys
nicola

Return to “General Discussion Forum”