Rose K Lens

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

andy_macintyre

Rose K Lens

Postby andy_macintyre » Tue 28 Sep 2004 11:16 am

Hi -
After some 16 years of managing my KC with RGP lenses my optician has suggested I try the Rose K lens.

I was wondering if anyone else uses these and had any comments to compare them to the normal RGP lenses.

Useful website at http://www.roseklens.com/home/home_default.asp

Any comments appreciated.

John Smith
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

Postby John Smith » Wed 29 Sep 2004 12:01 pm

Hello Andy, welcome to the discussion forum.

As you're probably aware, a lot of keratoconic people use Rose K lenses. I don't any more (I've progressed further than Rose K can handle), but my change to Rose K lenses was wonderful.

I found the lenses to be much more comfortable than standard RGPs, and certainly better vision.

My last lot of lenses was actually "Rose K2" - not sure of the difference though.

The only problem I had with them was their small size(!) They're hard to find when they pop out, and dust can regularly get behind them.
John

andy_macintyre

Postby andy_macintyre » Wed 29 Sep 2004 4:55 pm

Thanks for that John. I should receive the Ks in a week or so I'm interested to see if they improve wearability. Generally I think I'm quite lucky in that I mostly don't have any problems with my current RGPS and can wear them pretty much every day with only the occasional bad days. (still not worked out why one day can be so good and the next one so bad!). I am forever losing lenses though so being smaller will not help. It gets an expensive business replacing the things!
:D

John Smith
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

Postby John Smith » Thu 30 Sep 2004 11:33 am

Andy,

Take a look at the article at http://www.clspectrum.com/archive_resul ... 5&auth=816 - it does an excellent job of explaining why we have "Good Eye Days" and "Bad Eye Days".

John
John

andy_macintyre

Postby andy_macintyre » Thu 30 Sep 2004 11:59 am

Aha! At last a sensible explanation. It's always mystified me at how quickly they can become unwearable as I would have expected a progressive decline in wearability due to over-wearing.
The article makes sense though and the GED/BED throy is useful. I'm forever getting scolded by immediate family when I have a BED that I can't have been following proper cleaning routine etc. (not always the case!)

Will try to limit wear time even on Good Eye Days rather than pushing them to the limits whenever I can. If it avoids the days/weeks when they are unwearble then it's got to be worth a shot.

Cheers for the link.

GarethB
Ambassador
Ambassador
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby GarethB » Thu 30 Sep 2004 6:14 pm

A very interesting article, but there is no recomendation as to a maximum wear time. I gues it is common sense and take the lenses out before the eyes get to the point of being tired and irritable.

Thanks for putting the links here, I think I will be getting the Rose K lenses in a couple of weeks as they felt so comfortable compared to the ones I had 16 years ago!

Richard In Wales
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby Richard In Wales » Fri 01 Oct 2004 11:38 am

My Rose K lenses where actually bigger than the lenses I had beofre them by quite a bit, they felt good and didn't fall out no where near as much
http://www.Borg-Zone.co.uk/eyelog.htm Visit My last graft Blog Site

Return to “General Discussion Forum”