post graft vision

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

nicola jayne
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

post graft vision

Postby nicola jayne » Sun 18 Feb 2007 9:31 pm

hi all,
hope you are all happy and well, I am now 12 weeks post graft and still have no vision in the grafted eye :shock: . I was just wondering how everyone else's vision is who had their grafts around about the same time as me and anyone else who could please tell me about their vision at around 3 months.
many thanks
nicola :D

Sarah M
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby Sarah M » Sun 18 Feb 2007 11:20 pm

Hi Nicola,

I'm 12 weeks postgraft on tuesday. I can see things if they are close up (like touching my nose) and things that are in the distance have shapes to them as opposed to just being colours blending into one another. Still cant see anything on the chart, but with pinholes i can see the first letter.

I know it takes time and patience and i really do hope things get better, but at the end of the day if they dont, i've lost nothing, and gained an eye that looks normal.

Sarah

piper
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby piper » Mon 19 Feb 2007 1:06 am

nicola, when you say no vision, do you mean no useable vision...or no vlision, no colors, no shapes, no sensitivity to light? For me, it was much like looking through foggy plastic sheeting for long time.

Piper

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Mon 19 Feb 2007 7:33 am

Nicola

My journey with each eye has been a progression from "looking through greaseproof paper" to "looking through cling film" to "seeing clearly". I now see very well from my PK eye (after last week's adjustment), but in my DALK eye I am still looking through a couple of sheets of cling film. (I am sorry about the crude metaphor).

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

Anne B
Champion
Champion
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

Postby Anne B » Mon 19 Feb 2007 10:30 am

My vision post graft has improved a lot over the last few weeks, it seems to be changing all the time(12 weeks post graft) I can now get 2 lines on the snellen chart which i couldn't read anything before. Everything is still a little hazy. I try not to get to excited because i have a long way to go yet.but between you and me, i could burst :lol:
I hope things start to improve for you soon, stay positive it is going to be a long recovery :D

Anne

nicola jayne
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby nicola jayne » Wed 21 Feb 2007 9:36 am

thanks all
its good to know that i am in the same position as everyone else with the vision.
im the same as i can only just about get the first letter through a pinhole :D
thanks all and keep healing well
nicola

Asif
Regular contributor
Regular contributor
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

Postby Asif » Sat 03 Mar 2007 3:01 am

6/36 but was fluctuating daily, and still is. Now, 18 months post graft it fluctuates between 6/36 and 6/9 (on very good rare days) uncorrected.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”