Tablets & Potions

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Susan Mason
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

Tablets & Potions

Postby Susan Mason » Thu 09 Sep 2004 10:37 pm

Dear All

I have just been reading the latest group newsletter and took interest in the article on the 'Letters' page from Malcolm & Christine Watson regarding their son Iain Watson.

The article mentions 'Bilberry Extract, Eyebright or Euphrasis, multivitamin tablets zinc and vitamin B complex' and how taking a cobination of theses seemed to help Iain with his eyesight.

Does anyone have any experience of any of these or know where you would go to get advice?

I have previously taken omega 3 & 6 tablets as my eyes have always seemed pretty dry however lapsed with these several months ago when I started having problems with my lenses.

With how things seem to be just at present eye wise I would be interested in any advice alternative wise as to what may/may not help.

Thanks Susan

Sophie Bull
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby Sophie Bull » Fri 17 Sep 2004 8:40 am

Dont know much abou tthis really but I do know you can buy Eyebright as a tincture probably from your local health food shop and use it mixed with water. Eupharser can help I think and can be taken as a tablet...maybe also available in your health food store. If your wanting advice on stuff like this your best thing would be to visit a medical herbalist. Also recently discovered that omega oils are found in hemp seed probably not as strong as tablets but very yummy added to all your food..museli, salads etc! I would say find some which is hulled as its much softer and nicer to eat.

Good luck let us know any interesting advice you find
Sophie

grewjp

Postby grewjp » Mon 27 Sep 2004 8:22 pm

this link is a useful sumary of bilberry
http://www.kcweb.com/herb/bilberry.htm

Return to “General Discussion Forum”