Wet Storage of Scleral Lenses

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Susan Mason
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

Wet Storage of Scleral Lenses

Postby Susan Mason » Thu 12 Aug 2004 11:34 pm

I know that this is probably very uncommon however, thought I would ask. Doeas anyone store their scleral lenses wet??? and if so how???

My eyes of late have been rather dry and troublesome and at my last hospital appointment (end June 2004) they agreed it maybe an ide for me to try this to see if it solved some of my problems, they had however not many suggestion as to how I should do this and what solutions/cases I could use/aquire.

Innovative Sclerals the makers of my lenses have made several usefull suggestions and even went as far to suggest a solution I could use and contact it's supplier for me as no one in my area superstore, chemist or opticians had heard of it. I now have a starter pack of the solution and tonight will be my 2nd night trying it however, I have fould the lens case to be a little on the small side and was a little worried this morning when my right lenses appeared to have vacuumed itself to the lid.

Any ideas??? Life just seems to be one long funtime with lenses and solutions etc.

Susan

Return to “General Discussion Forum”