Suggestions

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Tracey Burt

Suggestions

Postby Tracey Burt » Wed 11 Aug 2004 9:04 pm

I have had my lenses now for 2-3 weeks and seem to be getting on with them ok. Taking them out and putting them back on the eye when they go for a little wander don't present a problem but i still flinch when putting them in and have a habit of shutting both eyes so I can see nothing at all !. I can wear them for 8hrs a day with no problems as long as I put in refresh drops in after @6hrs worth of wearing.

As advised I have got new lenses in my glasses so I can see ok when i don't wear the lenses HOWEVER today when I picked them up I obviously couldnt wear them because of the lenses so this evening my lil eyes were a bit sore so I took the lenses out and wore my glasses and within minutes I had a raging headache and had to take them off. They are so strong i actually couldnt see I really think they have messed up my prescription (they put my partners lenses in the wrong way round so incompetence is likely).

What do you think I should do regarding the glasses issue ? I know my eyes would of adjusted to the contact lens prescription and that contact lenses and glass prescriptions are worked out differently but they really are beyond a joke, even my old glasses were a damn sight better than these. Its a good job its late or else the well known firm may just get a stroppy phone call.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”