New Lenses

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Tracey Burt

New Lenses

Postby Tracey Burt » Fri 30 Jul 2004 9:27 am

Well I had my new lenses fitted Wednesday and so far so good (well almost)... I have been wearing them for an extra hour each day I think today is 6 hrs but the sunlight is making my eyes water even more. I suppose the "knack" of sticking them in will happen, at the moment it just feels so unatural and after one goes in I have to wait a while before sticking the other in or else the one already in shoots about the place !. But the good thing is I can see alot better, the headaches have gone, blurred vision is almost nil, obviously they are as sensitive as hell but i know thats just down to tolerance.
I left the hospital with a large bag of goodies (all the cleaning stuff for at least three months, eye refresh drops etc as well as my new glasses and sunglasses that they arranged for me, a pre payment certificate form for the next lot and money off vouchers !.)
They scanned my eyes again and both eyes have got noticeably worse since the last scan in June ! - It looks like a graft will be on the cards sometime in the near future.
Another good thing though my consultant who is absolutley fanatical about KC and gets really excitied is also an attending optician where I now go and she has taken me on too so I feel really looked after. After all she says that I am one of 2 patients with it that she has treated since she started at the hospital in 1996.

dray

Postby dray » Sat 31 Jul 2004 10:41 am

brighton is a stones throw away for me, do you think your doc would be interested in taking me on if i dont have much luck here. Sounds like and kean doc is a breath of fresh air.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”