Blepharitis

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Karen

Blepharitis

Postby Karen » Tue 27 Jul 2004 6:10 pm

Hi, i've been a sufferer of KC for about 5 years now - was fitted with contact lenses finally - after a bout of hay fever, I couldn't wear my lenses (and I'd only just built up a tolerance to wear them for the day at work!) for a number of weeks. I've just started to wear my lenses again when today my left eye (and better eye!) became swollen and red. I went to the Eye Casualty at Midland Eye Hospital and they diagnosed Blepharitis. Never heard of it before - gave me the usual instructions on how to bathe the lid, put ointment etc on it. I'm also a psoriasis sufferer - are there any connections between psoriasis, KC and blepharitis. It just seems to be one thing after another with my eyes these days :cry:

Janet Manning
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby Janet Manning » Fri 30 Jul 2004 8:15 pm

Hi Karen,
I've had this problem, which then extended to eczema on my eye lids which greatly reduced my lens wearing time. I went to see a Chinese DR in Oxford who cured the problem and it hasn't recurred - 2 years ago now. Cost about £250 for consultations and Chinese herbal tablets. I see you live in Midlands so Oxford might be accessible for you. Please get in touch if you would like details:-
janetmanning @onetel.com

Paul B

Postby Paul B » Fri 30 Jul 2004 8:33 pm

Hi Karen! Please dont worry. I had it about 4 years ago and nothing since :D
Like you I was terrified. Went to A&E at Moorfields on a Saturday and was told it was about to burst. It did that night and fine ever since. So common they had a leaflet! Its just a blocked pore.
The advice was to rub my eyelids regularly - usually a big no no of course. And wash regularly in clean warm water.
Yes I suffer from skin problems. Have to be very very careful about what washing powder I use or get itchy red spots. Can even tell when they change the formula. I believe skin sensitivity is one way the experts diagnose keratoconus.
Dont worry youll be fine!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”