New RGP's

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Dave Dale
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

New RGP's

Postby Dave Dale » Tue 06 Jul 2004 8:09 am

After wearing soft perm lenses for over a year now with good results I was sent to see Mr Morgan at Sunderland Eye Infirmary as my local hospital did not have provision to fit contact lenses and the soft perms were costing me a fortune from the high street!

Anyway, Mr Morgan was great and agreed that I could been seen within the hospitals contact lens clinic. I have since been fitted with some standrad corneal RGP's..god I never realised how small these were after years of daily disposibles and soft perms!

Anyway I have two main queries for teh forum.
1) I have been given a bottle of cleaner, conditioning soloution and a bottle of saline. I understand that I use the cleaner first to clean the lenses and then rinse/store in the conditioning solution...but it was not mentioned what the saline is for..is this just used to flush/rewet teh lens during wear like I would with my soft perm all in one solution?

2) The vison quality I am acheiveing is far worse than that with the soft perms..is this the norm?

Thanks once again folks and keep up the fight!

Dave.

Rob Armstrong
Regular contributor
Regular contributor
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

lens solutions

Postby Rob Armstrong » Sat 10 Jul 2004 10:31 pm

Hi Dave.

As you've already stated, you use the cleaner solution to clean the lenses...

BUT then you use the saline to rinse them (thoroughly - its better to use too much than too little) before soaking them in the conditioning solution.

Use fresh conditioning solution to wet them prior to insertion.

Hope that helps.

Rob

Return to “General Discussion Forum”