update

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Sarah M
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

update

Postby Sarah M » Fri 08 Dec 2006 10:31 pm

hiya people. thought i'd give u's all an update on the situation...whether u like it or not, cause i couldnt type properly on that hospital thing, letters were too little for my eye, and it cost a fortune :P

So I went to clinic on Wed after phonin the ward cause the bulgin feeling was gettin worse. Sat there for 5 hrs, then got admitted straight away cause I have a leak as i got interupted stitches.

They put on a bandage lens, and are going to leave it before checking whether leak stopped. Got a bit worried yesterday when the consultant said he didnt want to disturb it as my eye was on the brink of collapsing :shock: ?? and that id have to stay in - think they were thinking until Monday, but allowed me to come home for weekend.

So got to back Monday, they'll check see if ok, if no, another stitch gettin put in on Tuesday. Was only on maxitrol last week, now got 3 different drops.

So ats me, got a bit of a scare, gonna have to do all my xmas shoppin tomorrow, as who knows what next week will bring. Hope everyone well, and thank u all for ur well wishes.

Sarah
xxx

Alison Fisher
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

Postby Alison Fisher » Fri 08 Dec 2006 10:51 pm

Brink of collapsing???? :shock: Crikey Sarah. :( I hope they get it sorted asap, and without any further stays in hospital.

Don't over do it this weekend. To totally mangle a familiar saying - a graft is for life, Christmas presents can wait. :wink:
grafts in 1992 and 1996

jayuk
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby jayuk » Fri 08 Dec 2006 10:51 pm

Sarah

Glad you did go in!....Always best to get it checked! Although the fact that they let you out would appear good?....

J
KC is about facing the challenges it creates rather than accepting the problems it generates -
(C) Copyright 2005 KP

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee

update

Postby Anne Klepacz » Sat 09 Dec 2006 8:52 am

Sarah - so sorry to hear about your setback but so glad you went back to the hospital to have it looked at. We'll all be thinking of you on Monday and hoping they'll get it all sorted so that you can have a restful, peaceful and healing Christmas!
Anne

Val G
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby Val G » Sat 09 Dec 2006 9:37 am

Hope it goes well Sarah. We'll be thinking of you, take it easy and keep us posted.

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Sat 09 Dec 2006 3:40 pm

Sarah

What a time you are having! It is salutary for us all the be reminded of the need to be constantly aware of the need to go to have anything out of the ordinary checked.

thanks for the update. all the best

andrew
Andrew MacLean

Anne B
Champion
Champion

Postby Anne B » Sun 10 Dec 2006 3:48 pm

Hi Sarah, hope you are feeling better and your eye is improving.
Make sure you take it easy, i don't think anyone will mind if you don't manage the crimbo shopping this year :lol:

Good luck for your next appointment, thinking of you.

Anne

Sarah M
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby Sarah M » Sun 10 Dec 2006 4:42 pm

thanks for ur kind wordys.

Anne - u dont know my friends and family, i was told i had better get it done from my hospital bed lol. i've got some done, all from the comfort of my bed. I havent visited a shop at christmas time for a good few years now, no point, y put urself through all that stress when u can pay a few pounds and get it delivered to your door :)

Bit worried about tomorrow - things never got right for me. If u've had a leak, can it come back later? If it can id rather they just saved me from worrying and get the other stitch in.

Think im in for another stay, as ive got to b back in for 12, but im not seeing the consultant til Tues (i had to ask to go home on friday) and the nurse told me to take my stuff, fingers crossed im not tho. They get u up at 6.30!

Anyway thanks again, and keep u's informed.
Sarah
x

james mckinlay
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby james mckinlay » Mon 11 Dec 2006 11:16 pm

hiya fellow scottish person lol

thats not so good for you.

but hang in there and things will improve for you its hard to fight when u get news like the kind you have had.

ive had my fair share or graft rejections and other health problems even a nervous break down twice this year and its easier to give up and stop fighting.

but hang in there and i hope it gets better for you.

all the best have a great christmas

james

Sarah M
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby Sarah M » Tue 12 Dec 2006 3:50 pm

thanks for ur words of encouragement james :)

Went to the ward on monday as instructed....bandage lens was removed with scary looking tweezers, and it was still leaking :cry: so it was decided that today i would have 1 possibly 2 more put in. I requested getting it done under general.

so this morning, was all ready to rock and roll, somehow the anesthetist managed to persuade me into having it done under local. How brave am i??? She even gave me a certificate saying that i had been brave in theatre :P

Anyway he only put one in, and that seems to have stopped it for now. Fingers crossed for good. Have had no pain, apart from a slight headache after it was done. But im home now, and can get the rest of my xmas shopping done! Have to go back thurs for checkup. Surely nothing else can go wrong for me......well for the time being anyway.

Got maxitrol to take 6 times a day, and cyclopentolate twice (it hurts).

Hope everyone well
Sarah
x

Return to “General Discussion Forum”