help (Epicon)

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

anne lise hakimi

help (Epicon)

Postby anne lise hakimi » Mon 21 Jun 2004 8:30 pm

hi
i'm writing from France desperate that i am to find any informations about the Epicon :roll:
i've been fitted with a pair of these in july 2002 while i was living in Philadelphia. actually very shortly before they went out of business :?
how come that when i'm googling it i always get a lead to the UK? did you hear something about this matter?
thanks a lot for keeping me informed :wink:
see y'all
anne lise

Christine Wright
Optometrist
Optometrist

Postby Christine Wright » Thu 01 Jul 2004 7:42 pm

I'm not quite sure what you're asking. Do you want to know where to get Epicon lenses? A few years ago a company called Ultravision was promoting a new lens called Epicon, which was half way in size between a corneal lens and a scleral lens. As a hospital optometrist, I requested a fitting set, but was told they were having problems making the lens and it's launch was delayed. I didn't follow it up, because I subsequently found another company who were making a 14mm lens (Jack Allen) so I ordered theirs instead. I think Ultravision did eventually bring out the Epicon. I hope this is enough information for your Optometrist to follow up, if needed. Good luck!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”