leaflet - KC and the workplace

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Lee

leaflet - KC and the workplace

Postby Lee » Wed 16 Jun 2004 11:16 pm

I think the leaflet on the website about KC and education is great. I wish it had been around when I was at uni. I'm sure many students will benefit from it.

I was wondering if there are any plans to produce a leaflet about KC and employment/work place? My manager is not supportive of the difficulties I experience daily in my job because of the KC and I would love to be able to give him a leaflet produced by the KC Group - it would hold much more weight. (I can't post on the message board because I don't currently have an email address, which prevents me registering. I hope it is ok to post here instead).

Thanks to all the people who keep this web site going.

John Smith
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

Postby John Smith » Mon 21 Jun 2004 1:10 am

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the comments - I've moved your posting to the general forum for wider coverage.

I hope you can get an email address sorted out soon so that you can participate in the conversations properly.

I believe that a leaflet for employers is certainly in the pipeline - watch this space!
John

Susan Mason
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

Postby Susan Mason » Mon 21 Jun 2004 10:41 pm

A leaflet that could be given to your employer would be brilliant. When I first started experiencing problems I gave a copy of the booklet produced by the group to my employers which was very quickly passed back to me. Now I am struggling again a lealet would help, it seems whilst I coped relatively well for 12 months they were happy enough expecting me to work extra hours and take work home. However, now I am going through a sticky patch again they are not too happy. If I didn't think it was my imagination working completely overtime I would say they didn't beleive I had a problem at all. I would give anything for them to have 12 hours in my shoes (out comes the wickedness in me). So much for advice given to them from the RNIB re special equiptment and preferred font sizes. The PC they still have not got working 100% 18 months later and I certain don't feel they have ever made any allowances for me.

Hope the leaflet comes soon!

Susan

Return to “General Discussion Forum”