sorry

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

nicola jayne
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

sorry

Postby nicola jayne » Mon 20 Nov 2006 7:58 pm

hi all.. thanl you all for the advice !!! ((hugs ))
sarah im soo sorry if my post scared you and any other people.. i didnt mean it too. :( ..
im on day 3 now and am feeling slightly less miserable :P ..( i got dressed today lol) i dont regret having my graft done and i will still have the other eye done,, again i am deeply sorry for worrying anyone about their graft.. everyone is different.. i was expecting to sail through it and be back in work soon but as i said everyone is different and heals differently and copes with different types of pain differently !!. this was my first ever operation and my eyes had been really bad before the operation aswell so that could be why im so sore..(having a pain relief buzz at the mo so happy :lol: )
I also am very impatientbut you have to take each day as it comes!! i dont regret having the graftand the buzz off the GA is fantastic.. and maybe i am a wuss :oops: but we all cope in our own ways !!
i am sorry if it upset you but you will know if the a graft is the way to go and dont be afraid !!
sorry again
((hugs to you all ))
nicola
oh and on a funny note !! my wonderfull mum threw out my designer prescription very dark sunglasses away!! i bought them for after the graft and now have crappy!! freebie!! not prescription ones!! wrapped in tape and a sock to make them dark untill my new NOT DESIGNER ones are ready GRRRRR.. lol

Sweet
Committee
Committee
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby Sweet » Mon 20 Nov 2006 9:05 pm

(((Nicola)))

Hey there! Please don't apologise you didn't do anything wrong. We all take things differently and we all cope with having a corneal graft differently as well.

I am sure that Sarah will be ok and will let you know but it was nothing you really said. It's the whole worry and stress of having KC that only we can understand and this is even misunderstood by my twin sister who has it as well!!

Please take good care of yourself and know that we are always here to be supporting whichever stage of KC you are at. It is good to be able to come here and complain and say how bad you are feeling. This really does help!!

Thinking of you both ... Love Sweet X x X
Sweet X x X

GarethB
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby GarethB » Mon 20 Nov 2006 10:39 pm

For all we write here it is still only natural to be concerned.

Your post and that of others who ahve had a recent graft all need to be read to get a balanced picture.

No appology needed, pleased for you that today is better than the past few.

Long may it continue.
Gareth

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Tue 21 Nov 2006 10:40 am

Actually I think it is probably best that people have a pretty good idea what to expec t. I made sure that my ophthalmologist give me a pretty graphic description of what I'd experience post graft: spelling out what he hoped would happen, what was likely to happen and even what, in extreme cases, may happen and what he'd do about it if they did!

The main thing I think we need to remember is that, if things are not as we expected them to be, we should go back to the eye clinic. In my experience they are always more happy to see us when there is nothing to worry about than to have us sit at home fretting.

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

Sarah M
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby Sarah M » Tue 21 Nov 2006 6:40 pm

Nicola, please dont worry about scaring me, thats the least of ur concerns at the moment.

When i read ur post i got scared, but I agree with what Andrew said, in the fact that its probably best to know what could lie ahead, so for this forum, i am thankful.

Sarah
x

Alison Fisher
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

Postby Alison Fisher » Tue 21 Nov 2006 8:59 pm

When replying sometimes it's a tough one to call. I'd never said much about the pain I experienced after my first graft before because I now know how unusual it is and I didn't want to alarm anyone having a graft. I did so this time because I didn't want someone to go through what I did and not get any pain relief.

Nicola - I'm glad to hear you're now getting some help, and I hope your check-up today went well. :D
grafts in 1992 and 1996

Return to “General Discussion Forum”