Sclerals and seasonal problems

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Mark Bennister
Committee
Committee

Sclerals and seasonal problems

Postby Mark Bennister » Sun 06 Jun 2004 8:42 pm

Have any scleral wearers experienced red fluid type discharge under the lens during the hayfever season? The discharge could be caused by the lens irritating a blood vessel in the eyelid. it generally only occurs when the lids are puffy and swollen. I have been told by ken Pullum that this is nothing to worry about. Anyone else had this problem?

Susan Mason
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

Postby Susan Mason » Mon 07 Jun 2004 1:21 am

Mark

Have not had this specific problem (as yet) however have found that since the sun started to come out and the days have got lighter my eyes seem to be a lot more sensitive. They were sensitive before and probably one of the reasons why sclerals were first given to me back this time last year. As it is only just coming up to 12 months wearing for me I have nothing to compare against as this time last year I was only wearing for a few hours a day and hadn't got to the point where I was forgetting they were in. Just my luck as I got past Christmas and all was going so well for a spanner now to be thrown in the works no doubt compounded by the fact that they have found out my left lens needs refitting, just a pity my employers do not have any concept of just how hard it is for me at times and now after being told scarring is starting in the left eye I am assuming that I will have to be extra careful and pay attention to each twitch or rub I feel.
How long have you had your lenses? Do you have any other problems with them?

Susan

Return to “General Discussion Forum”