Tissue match rejection - anyone else?

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

naeemkhamkar
Contributor
Contributor

Postby naeemkhamkar » Tue 10 May 2005 4:08 pm

Will look in2 that if i ver need to but hopefully i that will not be happening LOL.
I'm dying to get bck in2 wrk now as its been 4yrs, will be changing career frm IT analyst (investment banking) to lets see. I'm just tellin myslf alittle bit longer then the world is my oyster and to use this chance as a 2nd coming (rebirth).
Ive had 4 graft rejections in right eye. I'm intolerable to lens in my left eye. Been 2yrs Ive learnt to live life with single ocular vision and I enjoy everyday as I have KC in my left eye. I live to enjoy everyday as it comes with my wife and children.

jayuk
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby jayuk » Tue 10 May 2005 4:11 pm

yeh but its good to now there are other advancements.....you remind me of this other chap i know who has had similar rejectin episodes...he was one of first who had the artificial cornea in the UK as he had rejectin episodes like you..he is doing very well...but hopefully with the drops you are on this will be a thing of the past and this time next 6 months ull be skydiving from 12,000 ft lol

You said youve een outa work for 4 years?...is that because of the eye issues?...Im at the same juncture but havent been outa wrk for that period and bored and tired of IT and want a career change now....been doing systems security and architecture for about 8 years and am soo bored of it now....but with the graft and all its best to stay put with current company
KC is about facing the challenges it creates rather than accepting the problems it generates -
(C) Copyright 2005 KP

naeemkhamkar
Contributor
Contributor

Postby naeemkhamkar » Tue 10 May 2005 4:17 pm

Im going to keep a track on ythe progress with research @ moorfields under the experience of Mr.Bruce Allan (whom I've been seen by as well).
I read yr comment in regards to Mr.Gartry & as he's been my consultant frmt he strart iw ould 2nd yr opinion. Yes this is again a very personal opinion & may not reflect the sites views or endorsements.
Ive had 4 graft rejections in right eye. I'm intolerable to lens in my left eye. Been 2yrs Ive learnt to live life with single ocular vision and I enjoy everyday as I have KC in my left eye. I live to enjoy everyday as it comes with my wife and children.

jayuk
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby jayuk » Tue 10 May 2005 4:22 pm

Naeem

Yes, Dr Gartry has a phenominal reputation within the Opthamology Community as do a number of other Key Surgeons at Moorefields.

There are a few others as well, such as the team at Centre for Sight etc who are also carrying out some grown up and forefront research...ie the Stem Cell stuff last week, artificial corneas etc......so between Moorefields and Centre for Sight I think we have some potential good avancements coming our way...... (and maybe other eye units around the country as well!)
KC is about facing the challenges it creates rather than accepting the problems it generates -

(C) Copyright 2005 KP

Return to “General Discussion Forum”