Keractometer readings

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

GarethB
Ambassador
Ambassador
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby GarethB » Sun 22 Oct 2006 4:44 pm

Steve,

My right lens does not sit completely on the cornea. This is because the one is so far to one side that the lins sits to one side too.

If you were to look at my cornea and use the iris as a target, then under a slit lamp, you would see the lens only covers about two thirds. There is a small rim of the left hand edge of the lens sitting on the sclera.

The edge of the lens is not quite close enough to the pupil wehn fully dilated for me to see. It took a bit of getting used to, but the lens happily sits off centra and gives perfect vision.

Do you know if your KC cone points up/down, left/right? As these can all have an effect as to weather you will have alens that sits centraly which may not give the best vision.
Gareth

Andrew MacLean
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Mon 23 Oct 2006 6:12 am

Maybe the problem is one of the sort of lens, rather than the fit. I know that I would go from being suited to one sort of lens to needing another; I think I eventually had RoseK before needing to abandon RGO corneals in favour of more robust solutions.

My favourite lens was my scleral; this sat still and did not allow any bits of grit into my eye.

All the best

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

Return to “General Discussion Forum”