Appreciation

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Green
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

Appreciation

Postby Green » Tue 21 Feb 2023 7:24 pm

Very sorry to read that Roger Buckley has died. He was my first consultant at Moorfields, a kind nice doctor who had good communication skills and was compassionate to patients having a hard time. He was a great choice for honorary president.

Also appreciated Martin Griffin's account of autism, as someone with an autistic relative and my own mental illness.
Physical health services can overlook both accommodations or condition impact on neurodiverse patients.

Green
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Vision: Contact lenses

Re: Appreciation

Postby Green » Tue 21 Feb 2023 7:27 pm

Ps Retired Dan Ehrlich, was an excellent head of optometry in my experience, truly patient centred

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby Anne Klepacz » Wed 22 Feb 2023 10:44 am

If you're not on our distribution list for KC Group newsletters, you'll find the latest one, with the articles Green refers to, here -
https://www.keratoconus-group.org.uk/in ... wsletters/
And don't forget our meetings in March (details on the home page events ticker) on 18th in London and on 25th in Birmingham. All welcome.

space_cadet
Champion
Champion
Vision: Other

Postby space_cadet » Fri 24 Feb 2023 8:49 am

as someone whom is ND myself (as is my partner and at least 3 of our 4 kids) it is vital hollistic care happens, so to encompass ND and eye health and physical and mental is paramount for a healthy outcome, itwas only when all my health was taken into account that true recovery from long enduring mental illness begun and my physical health and eye health begun to improve.

so sorry for your loss and that of the KC community x
May09 Diagnosed with KC, March 2010 after a failed transplant it has left me legally blind a long cane user (since 2010) who is blind in a once sighted world

Return to “General Discussion Forum”