Moorfields referral

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Jugger
Contributor
Contributor
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC

Moorfields referral

Postby Jugger » Fri 14 Oct 2022 7:35 pm

Hi All

Does anyone know the process of requesting a transfer/ referral to Moorfields eye hospital?

I'm currently seen at Queen Mary's Sidcup, formerly Princess Royal.

I've been having a lot of problems being seen. Then when I am seen, not getting sent the lenses.

I requested a new replacement lens as one of mine broke, over 5 weeks ago now and still haven't received this.

A different set of lenses was ordered more than a year ago and I still haven't received those either.

Jugger

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Re: Moorfields referral

Postby Anne Klepacz » Mon 17 Oct 2022 10:10 am

As far as I know, you can either ask your Sidcup consultant to refer you, or do it through your GP. Though I suspect all hospitals are still struggling with COVID backlogs so you might have a wait to be seen. And it might be worth contacting PALS at Sidcup about the problems you're having there to see if they can investigate the delays on lenses.

Jugger
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Moorfields referral

Postby Jugger » Wed 26 Oct 2022 6:45 pm

Anne Klepacz wrote:As far as I know, you can either ask your Sidcup consultant to refer you, or do it through your GP. Though I suspect all hospitals are still struggling with COVID backlogs so you might have a wait to be seen. And it might be worth contacting PALS at Sidcup about the problems you're having there to see if they can investigate the delays on lenses.

Thanks Anne. I didn't know about PALS and that being an option.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”