Cross-linking aftermath

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Dimiszim
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC

Cross-linking aftermath

Postby Dimiszim » Tue 31 May 2022 11:20 pm

Hey people,

I was diagnosed with KC 6 months ago, and my opthalmatologist suggested i'd have the cross-linking procedure done on my left eye almost
immediately after being diagnosed. It's almost been half a year and I still see no improvement, which has affected my daily life and mental health.
I decided to join this forum since it's such a new and sudden thing in my life and I feel more at ease knowing that other people are going through the same thing.

Does anybody know what I can do in this situation? Is it ever getting any better or are there any other ways?

It would help hearing other people's experience so please feel free to share yours with me

Much appreciated!
Dimis.

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Re: Cross-linking aftermath

Postby Anne Klepacz » Wed 01 Jun 2022 9:42 am

Hi Dimis and welcome,
Crosslinking stops KC progressing so stops any further deterioration in vision, but it doesn't actually improve the vision (though a minority of people who have it done do get the bonus of a line or two more on the eye chart). Have you been referred for contact lenses to improve your vision or do glasses still work for you? Tell us more about what problems you're having. I'm glad you've found us - keratoconus isn't very common so it's good to find people who know what you're talking about!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”