Double vision Correction

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Gaz2k21
Contributor
Contributor
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

Double vision Correction

Postby Gaz2k21 » Wed 23 Feb 2022 11:39 am

Hi Guys,

I made a post about my tribulations regarding having to have hal of my intac ring removed back in December a few weeks back, since then I've spoken to quite a few people about whats been going on with my eye and one work colleague told me about the possibility of having double vision corrected as part of a glasses/conact lenses prescription.
Since having the intac ring fitted I've had double vision in that eye seeing a second ghosted image of everything just slightly up and to the right of the original object, prior to having the lower segment removed it wasn't really that noticable as my vision was really good and the other eye compensated but since the procedure it seems much more noticable particularly in the dark.

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with double vision correction caused by an intac? my understanding is that it's more for lazy eye etc but I can't seem to find a definitive answer online.

I'm up at East Grinstead for a check up on friday when hopefully I'll get the all clear and can get new glasses and return to full duties (Prison Officer) at work and having the double vision correctedwould certainly make ifference to the quality of my vision

Return to “General Discussion Forum”