Full thickness cornea graft

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Paula1969
Contributor
Contributor
Keratoconus: No, I don't suffer from KC

Re: Full thickness cornea graft

Postby Paula1969 » Sun 26 Sep 2021 9:38 am

Thanks

His eye is now fully closed due to botox injection. Returns on Tuesday. We plod on.

Paula1969
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Paula1969 » Wed 09 Feb 2022 4:26 pm

Been a, while since I posted.
Things, are going OK.
He's returned to work and the graft is, stable.
He was, discharged from the folks, who dealt with the inside of his, eye and now just sees, the cornea, consultant.

3 months, ago he was, seen at the refraction clinic but no lens made a, difference and he was told it needed more time.

He was told to wait 3 months and he goes, back on 1st march to refraction clinic and then to see the cornea, consultant. We're hoping this time there's some vision when they drop lenses in front of the duff eye.

He plods on and the eye really doesn't interfear with life apart from remembering to put the drops in.

He's adapted.

We never did get any dosh outta the universal credit folks we'd a few savings which have now all but gone and I'd got a tempory Xmas job at asda so they thought sod you. He returned to work January.

gsward
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby gsward » Wed 09 Feb 2022 6:15 pm

Paula, it's good to get your update. Given time, the eye can settle down quite well. Even routine graft patients sometimes have to wait 9 months or more for the best outcome. Your husband has had a lot of internal surgery so it will take time. It's also good that he has adapted to the new situation now which is good for the future. Do let us know how things go at the next review.

Paula1969
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Paula1969 » Thu 10 Feb 2022 8:39 am

Thanks
He may need a lens transplant if he can't tolerate a contact lens or possible both. He has no lens has that was destroyed and removed in the accident too.

His good eye has actually become stronger and improved on sight tests. It's, taken over.

gsward
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby gsward » Thu 10 Feb 2022 8:59 am

I'm sure they won't rush to insert a lens. Many of us do have them (i have two). It really depends on how things heal internally and the various parts that would normally hold the lens in place. There are lot's of contact lens options too and getting some vision is going to help overall with balance and coordination even if it is not good enough to read or drive.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”