Lifting of covid restrictions

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

space_cadet
Champion
Champion
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Other

Re: Lifting of covid restrictions

Postby space_cadet » Mon 12 Jul 2021 10:12 am

Green wrote:
space_cadet wrote:
Green wrote:
Conquered lens trauma's with private optom help, but Moorfields optometry have cut my appts from x2 a year to x1 a year after 30 years which isn't helpful.
Changed ophthalmic consultant which wasn't easy but I'm so relieved I did, it was worth the effort, new consultant & team good. Re-graft failed, having DMEK for PK failure & cataract out, then see if macular hole needs fixing.
Hope you're OK?

oh jeez youv been through the ringer.

Yup am good aside from corneal filements which need removing on a regular basis n sting like a b!tch till they get removed etc.

St James' have only given me one scheduled apt since March last year but Iv been in eye casualty fairly frequently due to teh filaments which then leads to a review in corneal clinic a week or so later and cycle repeats.

Filamentary keratitis? That looks really horrible especially removal at slitlamp, I'd have to be gaffer taped to the slitlamp for that. I'm really sorry that's ongoing for you x

yup that bugger, Iv lost count how many episodes Iv had in the past 2 years now, altho iLube ointment is helping reduce the frequency of the episodes at least.
May09 Diagnosed with KC, March 2010 after a failed transplant it has left me legally blind a long cane user (since 2010) who is blind in a once sighted world

Return to “General Discussion Forum”